kx_guy86

Feb 6, 2003
The guy I bought my bike from put a wiseco piston in. It now has over 30 hours and I'm going to change it this summer. My question is Vertex or Wiseco. on motosport.com the top end kits of each brand and wiseco - $99 and Vertex $109.
Thanx

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
yep, but wiseco apparetnly tend to last longer. the break in really isnt a big deal. start the bike, warm it up and then turn it off. come back a couple of hours later when cold and repeat another 2 times, job done.

john stu

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 7, 2002
i really like the wiseco but im sure vertex makes a quality piston too.i doubt if you take care of your bike you will have any problems with ether.keep that air filter clean!!!!

jib

Jan 23, 2000
I have used both vertex and wiseco in my 01' cr 250. both were of very good quality. The wiseco topend, piston, rings, clips, and bearing were 31 grams lighter than the vertex topend kit. The vertex kit was within 2 grams of the stock setup. I could only notice a slight diffrence in throttle response with the wiseco. Both were removed after about 35 hrs of use, and they both measured about the same amount of wear.

kx_guy86

Feb 6, 2003
Alright, I guess I will go with wiseco then since they are 10 bucks cheaper! Anyways, I have almost 30 hrs on mine and in runs GREAT, can I get 40 out of it????

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom