Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
The track today was in great shape considering what it went through this June. There was really no mud to speak of, they filled lots of the holes in with sand and it held up pretty well. The rain they got Freiday kept the dust down and tracion was great. We all had a great time today. :cool:

09oneL

Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 7, 2008
I fully agree. VTR Track of the year for me by a long shot!

Our HS chairman rode LT with Scotty B and overalled the team classes - those boys were flying - BK is insanely fast he left me after the hole shot - I thought his throttle was stuck open.

Many of you might have seen my front fender on the course. Let me say that it is really weird riding with no front fender.

The race was a blast - THANKS VTR :cool:

Yam7M

Mi. Trail Riders
Jun 3, 2008
Awesome track. Some awfully fast racing up front in both solo overalls also. Looks like there are some boys in the 3 hour "B" classes that are on their last legs of being "B" HS riders?? :whoa: If you score 3 hour overall points in that field.....guess what??? No more "B" class trophies for you!! ;)

Kidner and Barclay had a blast sharing duties in light team. Scotty didn't want Brian to take the bike home..."Ahhh, hey Brian....I'll load that up for you in that van over there, OK?". Contrary to what may have been thought by some....They traded every lap, and their lap times were very similar. Good ride boys. Spotting the Cooley team one minute and chasing them down qualifies as a good day! :cool:

I rode in right behind the "fender incident"...couldn't have been more than 20 seconds back or so....looked like that wasn't very much fun. Glad to hear there were no injuries on the 1L squad.

Can't say the same for the rest of the field: Carly Olson spent quite a bit of time in the Hosp with a laundry list of injuries...all of which will heal up. I heard that Sumbera tore his toe nails back coming out onto one of the 2 tracks...and an "A" class rider (Zajac?) tore a hole in his upper lip. OUCH on both accounts.

Thanks for another great event VTR!!!

Thanks Fred T.....one of the more courteous "tuck overs" on the day for me!! Much appreciated!

MATTSKN

Sep 7, 2007
Yam7M said:
an "A" class rider (Zajac?) tore a hole in his upper lip. OUCH on both accounts.

QUOTE]

He finished the race :cool: its amazing what a point battle in a class will make a man do, and he also broke his nose....His front tire washed out and as he was going down he caught a tree right between the visor and mouth guard...

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Yam7M said:
Thanks Fred T.....one of the more courteous "tuck overs" on the day for me!! Much appreciated!

No problem, I was just plonking along, me and the 200 were'nt in sync yesterday since I have not rode it since CMB. My shifting foot was asleep all day. :whoa: Just couldn't get going.

09oneL

Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 7, 2008
Yam7M said:
I rode in right behind the "fender incident"...couldn't have been more than 20 seconds back or so....looked like that wasn't very much fun. Glad to hear there were no injuries on the 1L squad.

Mark,
I fell right ware the fender was. I had gotten up and rode to the top of the hill to get off the course and was trying to tweak the bars back when you came bye- THANK YOU for making sure I was OK :cool:

To me that race was the best ever as far as passing and guys moving over for others. It was really enjoyable and all I ever had to yell was "thank you", I moved over a few times as well.

I pitted next to a known road blocker and he told me that he will move over no problem as long as he does not get yelled at. He said that if you yell at him he won't move over. I guess I see his point as no one likes to be yelled at and we as riders always know when another is on us.

Yam7M

Mi. Trail Riders
Jun 3, 2008
09oneL said:
I pitted next to a known road blocker and he told me that he will move over no problem as long as he does not get yelled at. He said that if you yell at him he won't move over. I guess I see his point as no one likes to be yelled at and we as riders always know when another is on us.

Um, we both agree that talk is cheap. Been there, done that with no success, with regards to this known road block. :| However, I'll make a point to try it again. Interestingly though.....I don't get yelled at, because I hear the motor coming first, and get over as soon as I can. I'm quite certain we all can agree that you hear the motor first. If you hear the motor (and we all come up on this guy "hot" when speed is compared), tuck it over! But when the guy passes up opprotunities to move over....repeatedly.....don't whine about getting yelled at.

This is also the same guy that states: "I paid the same race fee as those guys and I ain't movin' over for no one! If you're so much faster than me, find a way around me bud."

Like I said, talk is cheap.

09oneL

Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 7, 2008
Yeah, I know what you are saying - talk is cheap.

Good idea to give it another try - good luck with that.

This guy does not seam to be near as angry in general as he used to be (he has a good woman now, perhaps that will make the difference). We all need a good woman to keeps us grounded.

On another note I still can't get over the azz whooping we took from BK and Scotty B. - Scotty you sure are fast as hell when you ride a decent bike. Please stick with Shagy's ragged out junk with WD-40 on the rotors for all future LT events.

Seriously great ride - I enjoyed getting my hat handed to me.

Shagy100

Sep 4, 2006
09oneL said:
Yeah, I know what you are saying - talk is cheap.

Good idea to give it another try - good luck with that.

This guy does not seam to be near as angry in general as he used to be (he has a good woman now, perhaps that will make the difference). We all need a good woman to keeps us grounded.

On another note I still can't get over the azz whooping we took from BK and Scotty B. - Scotty you sure are fast as hell when you ride a decent bike. Please stick with Shagy's ragged out junk with WD-40 on the rotors for all future LT events.

Seriously great ride - I enjoyed getting my hat handed to me.
fred it wont be ragged out come portland it should be in top shape

Yam7M

Mi. Trail Riders
Jun 3, 2008
Shagy100 said:
fred it wont be ragged out come portland it should be in top shape

Sounds like it will be a lonely day for you in Light Team at Portland, Shaggy, unless Scotty and BK put their superhero capes on again.

On the plus side, you probably won't need brakes if you're by yourself!! :)

scottyb479

Aug 16, 2006
Yam7M said:
Awesome track. Some awfully fast racing up front in both solo overalls also. Looks like there are some boys in the 3 hour "B" classes that are on their last legs of being "B" HS riders?? :whoa: If you score 3 hour overall points in that field.....guess what??? No more "B" class trophies for you!! ;)

Kidner and Barclay had a blast sharing duties in light team. Scotty didn't want Brian to take the bike home..."Ahhh, hey Brian....I'll load that up for you in that van over there, OK?". Contrary to what may have been thought by some....They traded every lap, and their lap times were very similar. Good ride boys. Spotting the Cooley team one minute and chasing them down qualifies as a good day! :cool:

Can't say the same for the rest of the field: Carly Olson spent quite a bit of time in the Hosp with a laundry list of injuries...all of which will heal up. I heard that Sumbera tore his toe nails back coming out onto one of the 2 tracks...and an "A" class rider (Zajac?) tore a hole in his upper lip. OUCH on both accounts.

If good old Jenny G. doesnt lay the whole state off come Oct. I might be picking me up a KTM 200 in the future. That bike was way to much fun to ride. :nod:

Yam7M

Mi. Trail Riders
Jun 3, 2008
scottyb479 said:
If good old Jenny G. doesnt lay the whole state off come Oct. I might be picking me up a KTM 200 in the future. That bike was way to much fun to ride. :nod:

I think miss-moley ought to start up a cash-for-clunkers program on dirt bikes, Scotty! :) You can take one of those old Bultaco's ($2,500 or so for each old bike?) or whatever your dad's got left over and trade that in for a nice 200! Or even a bail out program for riders with bikes more than 4 years old. Seems to be the wave of the future. Then you can lobby to make yourself the "Dirt Bike Bail Out Czar" of Michigan to stay employed. You know that she will still have her paycheck when the state shuts down.....you ought to also.

09oneL

Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 7, 2008
Scotty,

You and Shagy should team up for 2010 :nod:

I will provide the WD-40 to keep the rotors clean

Seriously, do get a 200 and a partner and put the wood to Duffy and I next year.

scottyb479

Aug 16, 2006
Yam7M said:
I think miss-moley ought to start up a cash-for-clunkers program on dirt bikes, Scotty! :) You can take one of those old Bultaco's ($2,500 or so for each old bike?) or whatever your dad's got left over and trade that in for a nice 200! Or even a bail out program for riders with bikes more than 4 years old. Seems to be the wave of the future. Then you can lobby to make yourself the "Dirt Bike Bail Out Czar" of Michigan to stay employed. You know that she will still have her paycheck when the state shuts down.....you ought to also.

I like that. The DBBOC. But we will make it at least 3 yrs old. Mine is an 07.

Yam7M

Mi. Trail Riders
Jun 3, 2008
scottyb479 said:
I like that. The DBBOC. But we will make it at least 3 yrs old. Mine is an 07.

Heck yeah!!! Make up the rules as we go along, right? :cool:

Seems to be the "new" American-way! :bang:

Now how to I make myself a special interest group so that I can get in on this?? :think:

Top Bottom