Pokie

Administrator
May 7, 1999
Galena, IL
actually it looks like we secured a tent, so we will arrive Friday early afternoon and depart Sat night or Sun morning.... yippy.... see you all soon...

Offroadr

Ready to bang some trees!
Jan 4, 2000
Sorry guys I can't make it this time.

I am sure you will miss the skillet more than me :laugh:

Attachments

• da chefs.JPG
    da chefs.JPG
    63.5 KB · Views: 32

ChopperDave

It's been awhile...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 1, 2004
For those of us who have never been there, where is Wardy's?

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Exit 90 (Rt. 23/Ottawa) on I-80

Go north 4 miles on Rt. 23, turn right (east) on Wedron Rd., go 2 miles, park entrance on the right (south) look for the Fox Valley Offroad sign at the entrance.

Offroadr

Jan 4, 2000
bclapham said:
about an hour west of Chicago

you going to the Quad Cities? :coocoo:

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
Offroadr said:
you going to the Quad Cities? :coocoo:
Give him a break Offloder he's a transplant from England by way of Kalifornia He hasn't yet grasped the idea you can travell West for more then 45 minutes without running into an ocean so he just likes telling people to drive west

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Bruce - Wedron is about 80 miles southwest of Chicago, I think that was Offroadr's point. But I would just ignore him since he's a no-show this year. :moon:

And yes, a nice rain would be awesome for some dust control. It hasn't rained around here since like May!

Pokie

Administrator
May 7, 1999
Galena, IL
Jaybird said:
Pokie...
After reading some about our last WardyFest I kinda felt bad.
Something about me roosting you down at the track. I sure didn't mean to do that. I normally don't try to dust anyone if I can help it. I'm normally the one getting a dusting anway. :)

I remember that you showed up just as I was about tuckered out and ready to go home.
I promise that I will remain respectful and never intentionally roost you. You and I should actually see some of Wardy's trails..which I haven't seen much of either of the times I was there.
Us old guys need to stick together anywho!

Now as for not roosting others like Lou, Sr KX, CaptO, or Walt...all bets are off! :)

what's a little roost?..... may be I'll get even with a t-bone configuration? but I appreciate your gentlemanly consideration of another gentleman....
trails, yeah, I always feel like the wicked old witch is lurking around the next big tree ready to swallow me...... woods could be lots of fun if it weren't for those traffic jams and criss-crossers; last year (or was it the year before?) WaltC took me around a bit..... I gotta try it again...(bring those brass knuckles!)..

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
OK, so............

1. how do i get to the 80 freeway? 294 south? i assume i take 80 west.

2. do i need to need to put on the stock silencer in place of the factory shorty????

thanks!

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Bruce - map it out (I use Yahoo maps... but mapquest works too ;)) and you'll see that from Lindenhurst to Wedron, you can cut over on I-55 to get to I-80. Taking I-294 all the way down to I-80 is WAY out of the way.

And you're good with the shorty exhaust. No worries, this isn't CA. :moon:

Senior KX Rider

Super Power AssClown
Nov 9, 1999
Lou is right Dave, We always have a big time. "WEEKEND AT WARDYS" is always a good time. Come on up man, we will save you a seat at the fire :cool:

We camp out, we eat like kings, we drink, we set by the fire and benchrace, we even ride :laugh: Good chance to meet the DRN members that are worth meeting :p

:)

Offroadr

Jan 4, 2000
nikki said:
Bruce - Wedron is about 80 miles southwest of Chicago, I think that was Offroadr's point. But I would just ignore him since he's a no-show this year.

right back at ya :moon:

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
Got back from vacation about 5 hours ago. Got the family unpacked and got everything for this trip packed. It's about 1:00 in the morning and I leave in 5 hours for a 12 hour drive. Better get to sleep NOW.

I like corn.

ChopperDave

It's been awhile...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 1, 2004
Senior KX Rider said:
Lou is right Dave, We always have a big time. "WEEKEND AT WARDYS" is always a good time. Come on up man, we will save you a seat at the fire :cool:

We camp out, we eat like kings, we drink, we set by the fire and benchrace, we even ride :laugh: Good chance to meet the DRN members that are worth meeting :p

Yea, it sounds like a great time. But I'll have to miss this one, can't get out of work this weekend. Since I only work 3 days a week, my boss really starts whining if I want to take those days off, lol! :uh:

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
I talked to Lou this morning as he pulled into wardy's, and I believe SRKX and Oldguy and crew are already there. I'll be there tonight around 9:00 pm.... Buko will be there tomorrow morning around 8:30 am (after work.... gotta love those 24 hour firefighter shifts) and Reddog will be there tomorrow afternoon after work.

See you all then!! :ride:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom