mnnthbx

Apr 1, 2003
What is the standard warm up most of you guys use? I let mine idle (blipping the throttle every few seconds) for about a minute and a half, then ride it easy for another minute. It seems to take my 03 200 forever to run clean. It smokes quiet a bit for the first few minutes. ( I understand thats part of a two stroke) Perhaps it's a bit rich............... I had thought of opening up the airbox a bit, since it seems to be a popular thing to do around this board. That may lean it out a bit, and make it run a little better, but I'm a bit hesitant. I'd rather error toward the side of caution and run it rich. How much will the air box mod lean it up? Any carb adjustments needed? As always, thanks for all the help.

TVRider

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 29, 2002
These bikes are jetted very rich from the factory. Go to the JustKDX site in the thread at the top of this forum and read about jetting. If your jetting isn't too rich you would be the exception. I have an 03 200 and dropped the pilot 2 sizes and it made a huge difference in my off idle response. Take the air box lid off and try it. It is a great mod. Good luck with your new bike.

karlp

Nov 13, 2001
I use the choke as little as possible- 15-20 seconds- then shut the choke off and ride away. I go real slow and easy until it wants to run, usually about a minute or two.
Some guys I know let it warm up on choke. I think that is just too much of a choking thing. Very smoky

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom