Kronic

Aug 22, 2002
I JUST replaced the clutch on my '01 CR125, and I'm already to the limits of my free play adjustment.

I have tried and tried to figure out why, but can't. It started having problems around the time one of my friends screwed with my bike. He "borrowed" my stater, to see if his was bad. HE IS HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM. I Thought maybe the cable, but same problem with a new one.

Would the routing of the clutch cable make a difference in adjustment?

Has anyone had problems with Works Connection perches screwing with the adjustment(we both have works perches)?

los36

~SPONSOR~
Feb 7, 2002
have you tried using the adjustment that is built into the cable itself? It's about 5 or 6 inches from the lever end of the cable and you need 2 10mm wrenches to loosen the lock nut. After that, you have about an inch you can adjust in or out of your cable.
Also, sometimes when I'm messing around w/ my clutch, the actuator end of the cable (inside the ignition cover) slips halfway out of its holder. This will make it feel like you have no slack in the cable. Check this before you ride, it also runs the risk of coming completely out at any time.
Hope this helps.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom