Welcome to the other side-WOW!!!

B

biglou

Well, after months and months of fighting with the home PC's little quirks and idiosyncracies, I did a "factory restore", and have started loading my old files and programs and software.  I have already noticed a HUGE difference in the speed of my DSL, not to mention my programs that used to hang up, like Windows Explorer, are operating seamlessly now.  I'm gonna do the upgrade to IE6.0 that I did just the other morning (yesterday, I think) and get that up and running.  Other than importing about a gig worth of mx-related pics and movie files, all I have left to do is to try to get my OE address book back in place, and get the account setting dialed in.  Fingers crossed, here we go!  :)

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
I trust this was easier than the problematic commode you had a few months back :) :) :thumb:

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
Oh. . .your COMPUTER. I thought you were coming out of the closet. :scream:

sfc crash

Human Blowtorch
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 26, 2001
wow buddy, that's really fantastic, as much so you posting completely coherently at 0900 new years day. man, barn burner at the monster garage last night huh?

B

biglou

I was upright and fully functional at zero-five, sarge. :salute:

Did the system reconfig, picked up my new miniDV camcorder (for simple transfer of helmetcam footage to the PC), 256meg of RAM for $12.99 after rebate!!! And a firewire port/video editing software package. Stand by for some DW 01 footage in a day or two. :thumb:

Danman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 7, 2000
Cool! I need to reload my system, but I'm just way to lazy to do that. Besides, I might just wait until I upgrade so that I can get a motherboard and bios that will let me boot from a floppy so that I won't have to load on configure DOS to see my CD-ROM so that I can load the OS. A full version of XP might be in be in order too! I will be making another frankenputer (bits from here and there)

WaltCMoto

Sponsoring Member
Jan 1, 2001
Lou, you are a brave man. Ive always thought about opening that top secret envelope that came with our PC, but I get scarred. It was painful for this computer unsavy guy to get my internet hookup correct, and wouldnt look forward to doing it over.

Top Bottom