CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
If anyone wants to come out, we'll be there. Probably get there around 10:00 am.

Look for a blue ranger(with a DRN windshield sticker) and a green 3 rail trailer.

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
You guys missed out on a perfect ride! My dad and I met up with trsrdr and Mike from Sikeston, and had a great ride. Perfect weather, Perfect trail conditions! We couldn't have asked for a better day to ride! Now if we can have a weekend like that on April 18-20! :yeehaw:

limitless

subscribed
~SPONSOR~
Aug 11, 2002
I was racing in northen indiana this weekend. We had perfect weather up there too (70 and sunny), but the track conditions were not so perfect. It was like riding in a ditch of mud and or ice for 4 miles and on logs for the other 4 miles. I had fun even though they said the track was only 4 miles when it was 8 and noone seemed to know what was going on (like where the riders meating or the start was! Hell, they didn't even know when it was going to start).

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
I guess you're ribs were feeling better? According to dad, you took a pretty hard hit last week at Gates' farm. :eek:

limitless

subscribed
~SPONSOR~
Aug 11, 2002
Yeah, that tree won't soon forget me!! I'll bet there is still a mark on it too. My ribs are good, but they were sure sore going to work the following day. I managed a 7th place in the race, so all is good :) Are you doing any racing this year? I hope to make all of the D15 H/S. It will be hard though. The next race is april 13th and then the next weekend is the rock & root rampage, and then the weekend after that there is another H/S!

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
Nah, no racing for me. If H/S weren't on Sundays...I'd be racing for sure. I've ran 3 H/S in my life (all 3 at the past 3 Dirtweeks). Those were the most fun times I've had on a bike! And getting 3rd place last year didn't hurt anything either. :) It's one thing to push myself while play riding (I keep thinking "slow down, you have a wife at home"), but when racing, that's all the motivation I need to let it hang out. I just wish I was fast enough to hang with the big boys like CRswade, Blue Thunder, mxbundy, and Wheelie4strokeb. Those guys can cook!

limitless

subscribed
~SPONSOR~
Aug 11, 2002
You didn't seem to have much problem at gates house. All you have to do to win in the mid-south beginer and even the C class is do 3-4 laps. 3 laps will get you in the top 10 with no problem! Sunday races actually work out for me because of my job, but it makes more sense to me to have them on saturday and let us rest for a day before heading back to work! It is hard to work the day following a long race, I think anyways.

I always have trouble pushing myself when I'm trail riding, but when it's time to race I push till I wreck. I think that racing really helps me to improve my skills (if you want to call em' that)more so than just regular play riding.

Top Bottom