Godzuki

Sep 22, 2004
:)

But heres the deal i am also interviewing at 4 other places right now and have pasted the first interview with all of them. :) some with flying colors. now why am i hesitaing on this job well, its the farthest away from home 1hour, and it pays the least amount, and it has no benifits IE health dental vision, and unless the job is down here in kzoo i have to drive to GR to pick up a company vehical, to drive while on the job and then drop it off every night. :) oh and it pays 2 bucks and hour less than what i did make.

Now should i go for the sure thing i just got the offer today, and i told him i would call him back tomorrow with a answer, or do it hold out in hope for the good position.

now me im not a betting man, i will go with a sure thing every time over risking it but the other jobs start at a min of 3 an hour more than what i made and have full benifits one is 9 minutes away from home. 2 have company vehicals all have paid tuition, 1 has a lap top computer 2 have nextels, one is a place i used to do work at for my last company and i know most of the guys i would be working with, one of which was a coworker then he left to work at this place. damn when it rains it pours :bang: all of the others beat this job in every way shape and form, but there is no garauntee ill get any of those positions.

so here are my choice's

1. take offered job and run with it.

2. wait and see if one of the other positions come through with offer.

3. take offered job and work it until it find better or am offered better. :bang:

any opinions on this hehe

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
:think:

- Assume you're not working now, so can't use the "2 weeks notice" clause to give you more time. Otherwise that'd help.

- What's the timeframe for the others making a hiring decision? Do you have 2nd interviews set up already? If so, let them know you're considering other offers on the table, but really want "their" job.

- How badly do you need a job right now? If so, I'd take option #3.

... And it's always easier to get a job when you have a job!

Last edited:

Godzuki

Sep 22, 2004
yea ive been laid off since march so yea i could use a job hehe and yep that kinda nullefies the 2 week notice thing which is exactly the time frame of the other places looking to hire, this comming week i will have 2 interviews planned.

last company i interviewed at 2 days ago for the 1st time and past all of thier test and they told me i was one of the first ones in, and that they would be around 1 to 2 weeks before they would call me back assuming im one of the top picks, but from talking to the head of thier maintenace dept when i was interviewing they are looking for somebody with heavy electrical background and a liscense which i have (journyman level) but i am also eligible to take my masters test to, and i past their mechanical test with a 90%. the only thing is they are a all trade maintenance, and i havent worked with hydralics, or welding, but i do know how they work ive just never done it.

i have placed this question on 2 other sites to, and i am getting the same response from everybody so far and saying #3.

well thanks for the input.

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
I lean towards #3 as well, however you dont know what you dont ask!

If you feel they are pretty well set on selecting you, why not explain your situation, tell them that you are mid stream in looking at other opportunities. Ask if they can hold on for a while. If they say "no"...then accept it right then and there. If they say you have x number days to get back to them, bust butt to get a final word from those other places.

Before you really ask if they can hold on a while, tell them that when you make a commitment to an employer you make it 100%, but to do so you must be as best informed as you possible can be. (you can make it sound like you are doing THEM a favor). Say that you realize that turn over costs companies alot of money. Having you 100% on board is in their best interest financially. YOu can really suck up to them if you play it right!.

Best of luck to you!

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
oh one other factor - take the job that gives you the maximum potential for riding...cant forget that priority!

3KDXXR2

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 3, 2002
I agree with Mike you must keep your priorities :ride: :ride:
straight

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
#3 :)