JimmyD2

~SPONSOR~
Nov 10, 2000
We are thinking about planning a trip to Wellsville, Oh on Saturday October 19th.

First of all, can someone post directions to a place to unload in Wellsville? We'll be coming from the south - heading up St Route 7 from the Steubenville area.

Would anyone else be interested in riding there that weekend?

motormichael

~SPONSOR~
Sep 26, 2001
One small article I found on the place simply says it is located right off of 7 next to the Ohio River. It says approx. 2500 acres to ride with huge climbs. It also appears to be a hang out for Buggies.

GNCC387

Sponsoring Member
Apr 21, 2002
Where is it located at on route 7?

daveEX

Feb 11, 2000
sorry no. i'll look into it though, i saw some pretty good directions on the web but i dont remember where. who is going i might know them? if i can get someone else to go it will be on a quad,is that cool?

rcers

Jan 17, 2001
Ive neverheard of Wellsville??
Wheres it at?What kind of riding?Public or private?Cost?Directions?Website?
Any info you might have would be greatley appreciated
THANKS
Feel free to e-mail me if you have any info
[email protected]

JimmyD2

~SPONSOR~
Nov 10, 2000
I think we are leaning towards cancelling the Wellsville trip (too many uncertainties) and riding at Powerline Park in St. Clairsville on the GNCC course from last weekend... this would still be on the 19th.

It's kinda odd that the area Dirt Rider magazine recently named the third best riding area in the country (Wellsville) is a mystery to all of us and everyone else on this board, or so it seems... :confused:

GNCC387

Sponsoring Member
Apr 21, 2002
Good to meet u at the gncc jimmy i might try to get prez and a few others to come up there and ride if i get my bike fixed by then.

daveEX

Feb 11, 2000
im still up for it. powerlines even better, im anxious to ride the course. i rode it the weekend after last year but it was a pain in some sections cause they went through and cut down trees blocking the path. and it was wet. please, stay away rain!!

JimmyD2

~SPONSOR~
Nov 10, 2000
Powerline Park is closed until further notice because their insurance company dropped them... Looks like we are not riding Saturday. :(

el presidente

Dec 21, 2000
hey jim we are going ridng down here in our neck of the woods if u wanna join us. might even be riding sunday also if u wanna just stay over and ride 2 days :yeehaw:

Noob

Dec 10, 2001
Rt 7 to I think Salinas exit(Rt 39) turn towards the river into Wellsville. Turn south on Clark street and stay on it untill it dead ends into the Yellow creek and Ohio river intersection it curves right. A liitle way down you'll see a road to the right and parking. The road looka abandon towards the end but keep going. These are the biggest hills anywhere. Miles of riding but full size trucks, jeeps and rail buggies are possible. It's has been closed on and off for the last sveral years but some campground is selling access for $5.00 to $15.00 I heard.

Noob

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom