WILLETTS

Jul 28, 2002
Well I installed my new rev pipe last nite(10 min. install,no nitemares like I've heard of,perfect fit)anyway did the airbox mod,actually just sawed it in half so I would have a mount for that relay or whatever it is,installed a new unit-filter ,still have the stock jetting,145 main and 42 jets.What a difference,I was getting wheels in every gear,like they told me it was nite and day.Gonna move the needle clip to the second pos. from top tommorow and go riding.Cant wait.Glad I decided to keep it instead of selling for a kx.Fork Springs are next.OH yeah I think the neighbors may be pissed,it was 10:30 when I got to it last nite,had to do a few laps.glad I had a lite.

h2oskibilly

Feb 17, 2003
I just did the pipe/airbox mod myself, and was told of the perfect location for the CDI. If your interested in getting rid of the lid entirely, then there is a perfect place for the CDI and its almost like the factory knew it would end up there. Just to the rear of the air box on the cross brace there is an unused screw hole. All you have to do is notch out the back right corner of your airbox with an exacto knife, and mount the CDI upside down on that cross brace in that other existing screw hole. It is the same size so it fits perfect. It goes there so well, I don't know why the factory didn't put it there to begin with. Takes maybe 10 minutes at the most.

WILLETTS

Jul 28, 2002
It's a 98 220,used canadian dave's jetting recommendation,runs great.
By the way I don't get the "ever heard of a spacebar
comment.

Top Bottom