ShagsSupra

Aug 9, 2004
Shig said:
I know a Vet A rider who uses wooden blocks at the start because he can't touch the ground at all :ohmy: .

I got a friend thats a midget hes 4'11 and rides a 250, Im not scared of size or a bike really... Im scared of price on a KDX out the door price in this area LOL.

Sucks cause if I had it my way and had the money id have a nice 125 sitting in my garage, (the kind of bike I really want to start on) but I have to get it financed at a low price and nothing I can find is nice and the best bike for the buck is a CRF230F 3700$ OTD, not a bad bike IMO or a 300ex Quad out the door for 4000$

KAY DEE EXER

~SPONSOR~
Mar 3, 2003
Hold out for a KDX. Try and find a 2nd hand one and get it shipped / crated. It's still gotta be cheaper than your helpful dealer. Like others have said shave down the seat foam or get another sole glued on to your boots.

ShagsSupra

Aug 9, 2004
I really just dont feel comftrable on the KDX what so ever even if it was lowered and all that...

There is a KX100 at the local shop 2004 3200$ wondering how much it will be out the door? if that dont pull through the crf230 is still in mind but scared of the heavy weight and not being able to throw it around.

I have the frame of a 14 year old boy ill start on somthing small and quick and work my way up and the KX100 seems to fit me ABSOLUTLY PERFECT and I would like to be able to swing it around unlike I could do with a KDX and its suposed to be a zippy little bike so if the out the door price is under 4000$ ill get it pretty much for sure.

ShagsSupra

Aug 9, 2004
caaaaannnn nooooot affoooorrddd.

It has to be through my parents credit... it cant be anything thats NOT through a dealer (only people who finance)... and there is no left over bikes at the shops here in town, I cant travel, cant be over 4000$, and the only things at the dealers are crf230f and a KX100 and a bunch of other smaller bikes I cant really even fit on..

bronco95tgp

Aug 14, 2004
KDX 220 is what I learned to ride on, it has PLENTY of power stock especially for a rider of your weight. I have taken off the lid to my air box and put on a smaller front sprocket so far and I have some Boysen Reeds in the mail, that is less than $100 of mods and each one of those small changes makes a lot of difference and are easy to do as you get more and more comfortable with the increased power just add something else. I plan to wait until there are some more dents in my pipe until I upgrade that, it does the job just fine now. The bike has awsome low end for tractoring up hills, and you can sure tell when you get into the powerband too, its factory suspension is perfect for you as well. The crf230 is smaller and much less powerful, I have a friend who has one and it does pretty good but I would take the kdx any day over the crf. Good luck with your search. :cool:

ShagsSupra

Aug 9, 2004
oHshiz said:
You know, alot of banks will finance motorcycles.

Naw I dono about you but I contacted the banks and misc finance places and they said they cant finance any used ATV what so ever cause problems can go wrong and people dont wanna pay.

havnt found ANY place in the area that will do it belive me ive tryed that 1 too lol.

anyways id rather a new bike so I can know what its been through over somone elses play toy that could of gotten flooded dissasembled and put together wrong and a number of crap. thanks for the idea tho.

riverz

Jun 25, 2003
Unless you really want a quad, don't buy it because it's cheaper. I have an EX400 - shatter a rim and see how cheap they are :) And shattering an aluminum rim is not difficult.

It's too bad you can't get a deal on the KDX. That's definitely the bike for your riding description. A 125 2 stroker in the woods is a nasty first bike. You need to be on the pipe hard. Not saying it hasn't been done, of course it has.

The CRF-230-evil. You will be dropping your bike at least once or twice. With the CRF-230 you'll need a 30 minute pit stop after you've picked that bike back up.

I dropped the seat height on the KDX 2 inches by cutting the seat and it worked great. Costed nothing.

Too bad about your kawi dealer. Just for that I'd go buy a yammy or suzuki. Remember, even if you do get a kawi, chances are that same dealer will be your service rep.

ShagsSupra

Aug 9, 2004
Yeah the crf230 is way to hevy for me and that turns me off... my friend said if ima buy a bike thats that hevy why dont I just buy his cr250 for 1500, but I dont want to cause ill have 1 less riding partner lol.

I could see myself on a 4-wheeler or dirtbike it dont matter to me id be happy on either 1.. 4-wheelers are alot more expencive and i dnot wanna start out on a 250CC 4-wheeler thats just not fast enough for me or big enough and leave me unsatisfied... I could get a Utility ATV, a nicer 1 than I can get a sport quad... but still it would leave me unsatisfied not being able to keep up with friends, and there arnt manny dirtbikes I can get out the door for 4500 or under.... cept 85's and 4 stroke bikes Cfr230 and everything under that, and PROBLY this KX100 depending on how much they charge extra OTD... if its anything like they did on the KDX ima say screw that and goto the honda and suzuki dealer and have to pick somthing out there.

FactoryDoug

May 24, 2004
the kdx is a great bike, like the other replys its a tame bike with no real power problems........I myself almost got a kdx 200 when i first started but got a yz 125 instead...thing worked out great though its more snappy and no as tame as the kdx it still was perfect for me i was 15 5'8'' at around 140 and the bike was perfect, the suspension was suited for the weight and the power was wherever i needed it, i would say get any 125 i loved it when i started out and when i got into racing it was even better. hope you find the right bike
cya

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom