dougrounds

Nov 25, 2007
Right now I've got the 2004 Yamaha 350 Warrior 4 stroke QUAD and I'm very interested in replacing it with a DIRT BIKE. Im about six feet, 225 pounds and a beginner when it comes to motorcylces. Not looking to do any REDICULOUSLY extreme riding or anything, just looking to get started, and I wanted to ask about what brand/model/motor-size I should replace it with. 2 stroke? 4 stroke? Any sugesstions will be appreciated.

THANKS ALOT!!!!

-DOUG

:yeehaw:

dougrounds

Nov 25, 2007
it'll be mostly trail riding, hard pack desert stuff. but id like to be able to head out and hit some sand dunes as well. right now ive got the paddle tires for the quad, but thats getting way old.

price range is probably about $3000-5000 max

Bri-Z

Mod Ban
Nov 8, 2007
2 or 4 stroke and engine size

I own a yz 125 and it has plenty of power for me and I'm almost 190lbs. I have a awesome time on it and it rips good. I hit hills, sand, jumps, and some trails once in a while. Im the only dirtbike in a group of about 8 quad riders and I have no problem riding with 400 and up quads. Most of the time they have to try to keep up with me especially in trails. I'd say the 125 2 stroke is definetly the most versatile bike. The only thing is you re heavier then me so you might be pushing it with a 125 I'd would suggest a 250 but you dont have alot of experience with dirtbikes. If you have the cash to play around buy a cheap 125 off of something like (craigslist) and get used to working with a two stroke dirtbike, you could also stiffen the rear shock to keep any sag from accuring. Then if you feel like you need more power get a 250. I'd also get some info from a 4 stroke rider cause everything has ups and downs.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Welcome to the site Doug! :)

I'm going to punt this over to Which bike do I get?

Answer the questions at the top of the forum and you will be well on your way towards getting the help you want.

Top Bottom