RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
My neighbor of 20 years has painted his shed and they say it’s blue-grey but my wife and I think it’s more lavender, leaning towards purple. They plan on painting their house the same color (it’s yellow now) and we really don’t want to live next door to Mr Pine’s Purple House :ohmy:

They are great neighbors and have asked several times how we like it because they don’t want to upset us but it still looks lavender to us. I think they thought it was going to be blue-grey but once the paint got laid down it didn’t even come out the way they had expected and they are trying to convince themselves it looks OK. :)

So, what color do you think it is???

Attachments

• What color.jpg
    What color.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 252

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
Man, that’s a tough call. I think you are right………..looks lavender to me. It does not look too bad though. Of course it is also tough to tell what an entire house will look like when painted to match the shed.

Zoomer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 17, 2000
Looks light blue to me :coocoo: I think the trim and shingle color selection would be a bigger deal to as how the house is perseved.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Thanks guys. The picture doesn't quite do it justice. If you look where the sun is hitting it you can get a better feel for the true color. I took the picture this morning and the sun wasn't fully up yet.

BTW, they plan on painting the door maroon.

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
Okiewan said:
trim looks a little lavenderish here, main paint looks light grayish blue.

:nod:

But a maroon door? :think:

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Papakeith said:
What's this? Is woods puppy moving in next door to you? Like lavender shorts weren't enough!
AHHHHHH!!!!! Don't even suggest that! :laugh:

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
A maroon door.........where is the vomiting smilie when you need it?

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
I've seen worse colors to live next door to.

At least it's just paint. They will grow weary of it. Vinyl is final.

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
Its some shade of blue that I'm sure my better half knows the name for :)

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
It looks baby blue to me with dark blue trim.

RYDMOTO

~SPONSOR~
Feb 16, 2001
That would fit right in our one ethnic neighborhood in chicago......but i will be politcally correct here...and it's starts with a P. LOL

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
I think light blue with Smurf blue trim

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Early morning light makes it a tough call, never mind my monitor, but it is leaning towards the blue end of the spectrum. Grey can be a very difficult color, because you can have cool or warm grey. As I said, the sun makes it difficult, as early morning light is really warm.

Go to a paint store and ask for a fan chart and try and match up the color in full sun. Ask the paint store what the mix is that makes it and you will get a far better idea of what you have there.

The trim is clearly blue, which is a cool color. Lavender is a warm color, so they don't go together, if that is what you really have.

If they are going for contrast instead of complementary colors, they blew it. If they were going for complementary colors instead of contrast, they blew it.

OK, they blew it ... :)

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
I walked over to talk to them last night and she was on her porch just starring at the shed, contemplating what to do. She asked someone else what they thought and they said it looked like Periwinkle (sp?) and was the same color as her bridesmaid's dresses. That sent a red flag up in my mind! ;)

They want the house to be a light bule but may end up painting the house the color of the shed trim. That wouldn't be too bad. I told her it's a good thing they had the shed to test out their color choices! At least they are willing to try different colors before painting the whole house.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
That's pretty cool! It does look a bit like Honest Blue. She told me the color but I don't remember. I'll have to find out.

Top Bottom