RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Papakeith said:
One question Dave, Why do you care what color they paint their house or their shed?
...we really don’t want to live next door to Mr Pine’s Purple House :ohmy:
Maybe we're just to conservative but we live in a nice, clean neighborhood and if the house would look anything like the shed does (in our opinion) it would bother us. Call it snobby, vain, critical--it's just how we feel. ...and besides, they don't actually want a lavender house anyway. I think they asked what we thought because they may think it's a bit on the purple side. Like I said before, we get along real well and are always aware of each other's feelings so they are trying to be considerate -- not like the liberal weenie on the other side of me :bang: but that's another story :)

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
That's cool Dave. Didn't mean to strike a nerve. If they asked for your opinion I've got no issue in your involvement. If, on the other hand, you were just marching over there and demanding that they not paint their house a color that you didn't want. . . well, that would be another story entirely.

not like the liberal weenie on the other side of me
:think:
Let me get this straight, you have woodsrider on one side in a purple house, and Capt. Obvious on the other side? :whoa: Damn man I feel for you.

trial_07

Play with gravity
~SPONSOR~
Apr 26, 2004
RM_guy said:
My neighbor of 20 years has painted his shed and they say it’s blue-grey but my wife and I think it’s more lavender, leaning towards purple. They plan on painting their house the same color (it’s yellow now) and we really don’t want to live next door to Mr Pine’s Purple House :ohmy:

IMHO, this light blue grey is certainly better than yellow! Don't you think so?

motometal

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 3, 2001
I totally understand, if you think it will really bother you speak up now. Repainting the shed is no big deal, volunteer to help if needed. We have several neighbors with distasteful colored houses and I can totally relate. One is a weird "loud" blue, sort of like this :pissed:, my wife and I were contemplating if it was "that" bad right after they painted it and then the homeowner's friends came around the corner and almost went off the road they were laughing so hard at the paint color.

XRPRed...what's the deal with vinyl...can't you paint it? Won't it stick or what?

mg89

Mar 11, 2006
RM_guy said:
Thanks guys. The picture doesn't quite do it justice. If you look where the sun is hitting it you can get a better feel for the true color. I took the picture this morning and the sun wasn't fully up yet.

BTW, they plan on painting the door maroon.

Cool, I have maroon door, but our house is greyish/brown. The people who lived there before us painted it greyish/brown and I think forgot to paint the door another color. The original color of our house was pink.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Papakeith said:
That's cool Dave. Didn't mean to strike a nerve. If they asked for your opinion I've got no issue in your involvement. If, on the other hand, you were just marching over there and demanding that they not paint their house a color that you didn't want. . . well, that would be another story entirely..
No nerve, I just didn't want anyone to think I just go off on the neighbors at random.

I could have been like my wife's cousin that got complaints about some old cars so he made a big long fence of car hoods with each one painted a different wild color. It blocked the view of the cars but looked hideous! :laugh: Now he's a hot head :nod:

:think:
Let me get this straight, you have woodsrider on one side in a purple house, and Capt. Obvious on the other side? :whoa: Damn man I feel for you.
Thanks, I'm not gonna be able to sleep tonight with that thought in my head :yikes:

bsmith

Wise master of the mistic
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 28, 2001
Now a hot head neighbor thread would be good :)

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
When I actually had neighbors I could see the guy next door had a dark red brick house with a complimentary reddish paint on the wood and dark red trim all with a dark grey slate colored roof. Not bad right? Well he went and got artsey and painted the wood green, not just any green but Kawasaki KX freakin' neon green and just to make sure the trim still stood out he painted Suzuki RM yellow. No kidding! The guy didn't even own a bike, heck he was a Col. in the Army Reserve!!! When he went to sell the place sat for months while everything around him sold in weeks. Once he repainted it the place sold in a month. Just in time for us a we put ours on the market about 2 months later and it sold the first day to the first person that saw it. White split faced brick, off white wood and a muted teal/green trim. :)

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
Hot head neighbor story?

we had a good one up this way a few years back.
Rich guy wanted to purchase a parcel of land right on the main drag in North Kingstown. Before the purchase he checked with the town to find out if the lot was a buildable lot.
The town tells the guy, "yes, lot XXX is a buildable lot. Buy with confidence, and welcome to the town."

The guy buys the lot.

When he goes to build the town says, "You can't build on that lot."

He tried to go through all the proper channels after that to get the permits that would allow him to build and ran into roadblock after roadblock.

The irate man proceeded to cut the forested area he had just purchased (but couldn't use) down. leaving 5-15 ft stumps where the trees used to be. He then purchased lots of neon paint, pie pans, ribbons and reflectors. He painted all of the stumps with the garish colors and stapled pie pans and junk to the stumps. Real pretty stuff.

Personally I thought the guy handled it well :)

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Unless he actually had something on paper telling him what he wanted to build was OK he's sort of at fault but I do like the way he handled it anyway.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Now this is a hot head neighbor :laugh:

Attachments

• fu22.JPG
    fu22.JPG
    24.8 KB · Views: 55

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
Its blue, purple or something in-between, but its not your place. Its clean and painted carefully. I don't see the problem, if you don't like the color don't make your house or shed the same color. Heck maybe the people who live their will put up with your dirtbike if your compliment their shed color?

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
baby blue.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Well the color is "Precious Stone" and in the shade it looks like Blue Grey but in the sun it's lavender. Kinda weird.

Thanks for everyone's comments.

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
We need another pic to tell for sure. Have woodsy come over modeling his shorts, and have him stand in front of the shed while you take the picture.

RedStreak

Feb 19, 2006
If you look cloesely at the parts where the sun is hitting it it does look a little lavenderish. I'd say its blue gray with a wee bit of a purple tint in it. If they have a good dark blue trim and shutters or something like that it would look okay. My friends house is like this but with a dark blue trim you can hardly tell. But I do see what you mean by it looking purple.

Top Bottom