RiDe_ABS

Sep 30, 2002
Hey guys its time to get new plastic and I want to do something different with the colors. I have a CR 250, so as you know the original color is red and white. I was thinking either going all black plastic or maybe White plastic with red side panels and a red number plate. tell me what you guys think. Thanks

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Wrong Forum.
Moved.

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
I'd advise against black. I went all black (including powder coating the frame) on my 95 YZ and the plastic looks great until you ride it. Every little scratch shows up and it looks like trash really quickly.

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
Originally posted by High Lord Gomer
I'd advise against black. I went all black (including powder coating the frame) on my 95 YZ and the plastic looks great until you ride it. Every little scratch shows up and it looks like trash really quickly.

i was gonna do that to my yz, and now youve spoiled it! :whiner:

what do you think would be a good yz frame colour?

i would stay away from white, nothing looks nastier than scuffed up white plastics

RiDe_ABS

Sep 30, 2002
well that sucks both the main colors I want are bad to have, but I guess any plastic will get scratched up. Do any of you guys know if that scratch remover crap works?

MONKEYMOUSE

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2001
For a YZ go with orange plastic and blue stickers, or the yellow heracane(sp) kit I belive aeribics(sp?) makes thoes kits they look sweet! As For the CR I would go with Black dut IDK.

TRAIL

Nov 12, 2002
when i had my 00 cr 125 i put silver acerbis plastic on it and acerbis graphics. it was the only silver bike around and a real head turner. Didnt show scratches hardly AT all. The frame gaurds i have on my 2001 CR 250 are the same color silve rbut by UFO. What year is your CR?

mole1

Jul 14, 2002
i've seen a yellow cr and it looks great , you can even use stock shroud graphics with it and it does'nt spoil the looks . do not , i repeat , do not buy black , it's beat after one ride .

MxKid512

Feb 10, 2001
I personally am a fan of all red. There's something about those red sidepanels and white backgrounds that make me all warm and fuzzy inside. LOL!

kbostwick

Apr 23, 2002
the enslow kit from one industies is the way to go it looks great after a full year of racing in north east
the plastic renew scratch remover works great if you take the time to do it right
Black CR's look great you clean them with black magic tire cleaner and they look like new even after you ride

tx246

~SPONSOR~
May 8, 2001
ive just reskined my cr in all black and am really happy with the way it looks. i also redid the seat in grip all black from fx. i used the the white number plates and cut some custom numbers and shroud graphics. maybe i can get mx547 to post a bitmap of my project. i just wish i had the black rims to go with it.

RiDe_ABS

Sep 30, 2002
Yeah i really love the all black...I think it will proabably be my final decision...I ride hard so anything i have will get scratched up..haha well maybe i fall hard..

Dragmeistr

Sponsoring Member
Oct 14, 2002
I put the One Industries I-Bike kit on my '03 CR250. The kit makes the bike all white. It comes with front and rear fender, radiator shrouds, seat cover, and graphics. With a polished frame, it looks pretty sweet. I got alot of compliments on the bike at the Dunes over Thanksgiving.

roosteater

~SPONSOR~
Dec 27, 1999
On the newer AL-framed Hondas, the yellow plastic kits look really great. If I were to buy a new CR, the red plastic and seat cover would come off and the yellow would go on immediately.

Top Bottom