• Yellow

Votes: 8 4.8%
  • Leave em silver

Votes: 41 24.7%

• Total voters

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Need help deciding... gold, blue, or yellow Excels on my 250F? (note - I am keeping the stock silver hubs)

And how have colored rims held up for you guys? Do they scratch easier? Fade? Chip? Etc...

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
I've got the black ones, don't really like 'em, but the deal was right :p (thanks Thump). The Talon hubs look great, but I think I'll replce the rims with gold or silver (front is bent :( )

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
Nikki,

Curious as to why you're replacing them. Doesn't the F come stock with decent Excel rims?

And if it's just a cosmetic thing, I think the gold looks very trick. The blue clashs with the Yami blue, and I don't think I've ever seen the yellow ones, but would think that it'd look like a Happy Meal toy. ;)

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Smit-Dog - yep just too look cool :) Plus I can get em for a good deal and I have to do tires in the next few weeks anyways. Not much else to do to the 250F so I figured maybe some colored rims. I am leaning gold too (all because I saw Lou's YZ last weekend with the gold rims/hubs). I have always liked gold rims on any bike.

Okie - I'm pretty sure the '03 has Excel rims - actually I thought that was a Yamaha standard from like '00 and on? Guess not? I'll check tonight.

B

biglou

I say gold. If you have gold wheels on your Yamha, you are definitely cool! :cool: Only the coolest people, the best riders can have gold rims... OK, I got mine for a song, too. I'm a squid that doesn't deserve to be seen on my bike!

Oh yeah, I have seen some with blue and I liked those, too. Never heard of yellow though. Painted, I'm guessing, like the black ones?

Also-I was under the assumption that the 250F's had Excels, too. Of course, that's not based on anything other than assumption.

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
Listed on the Yamaha site for the YZ-125:
Lightweight 21" front and 19" rear Excel rims provide exceptional durability and help reduce unsprung weight for optimal suspension performance and handling.

Listed on the Yamaha site for the YZ-250:
Lightweight 21" front and 19" rear Excel rims provide exceptional durability and help reduce unsprung weight for optimal suspension performance and handling.

Listed on the Yamaha site for the YZ-250F: :think:
Lightweight 21" front and 19" rear rims provide exceptional durability and help reduce unsprung weight for optimal suspension performance.

Listed on the Yamaha site for the YZ-450F:
Lightweight 21" front and 19" rear Excel rims are exceptionally durable and reduce unsprung weight.

Last edited:

TM-Frank

Dec 15, 2000
My TM 300 came stock with blue Excel rims. Sure look great when brandnew, but when there's the slightest amount of sand in your riding area they look like junk after only a few hours.
Waste of money in my opinion.

yz250roost

~SPONSOR~
Oct 16, 2000
go black, why isn't this an option? I think some of the sharpest looking bikes are the ones with black rims, but that's just my opinion, it's whatever your opinion comes down to in the end. I voted blue by the way, please don't stone me!

Lorin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 25, 1999
Seems as though silver is the only one that will maintain its original appearance. The colors seems to scratch easily, especially if you ride in rocks, etc.

zio

Mr. Atlas
Jul 28, 2000
Brown wasn't a choice in your poll. Neither was my second choice, Purple. What about pink for the "I am Woman, hear me roar!" theme?

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
I voted for yellow, always have liked the yellow/blue combo.. Plus i'm sure not many other f's will have that combo, dare too be different :laugh:

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Well, I went wish my initial instinct (and the majority of votes) and ordered GOLD. Happy Valentines Day to me :) I don't want a gold necklace or gold earrings - just gold RIMS! ;)

I admit, the blue or yellow woulda been a little flashier... but I think the gold will be just fine. Thanks everyone for your input!

Philip

Dirtweek Junkie
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 15, 2002
Nikki Congrats on the new rims. :yeehaw: I voted a little late but gold was my vote. Most Yamies around here have gold and look good. I guess its all what you get used to. Have fun!!! :thumb:

Top Bottom