Matt_H

Sep 13, 2001
Alright I was in a pretty bad crash and today finally got the strengh to go and look at the damage. Everything looks pretty easy to fix mostly bars, plastic, and subframe is goin to the dump as its done. anyways I was looking at my front end and I noticed that when I turn the bars the fender catches on the pipe. The fender looks striaght and clamps aren't pushed down or anything. So my question is what could I have bent the forks aren't bent at lest I don't believe so as my friend can push them down with ease. Or could my fender be bent and I just not know it but theres no strech makes. Please help.
Matt

Sep 23, 2002
does it hit the pipe when its all the way left or right??? if it does you probaly bent the tab thing on your frame where the bottom clamp hits when your bar is turned all the way left or right. it would of also smashed in a little on the bottom clamp. (sorry but i dont know what its called) what you can do is cut the tab thing off and pound it back to shape or make a new peice an weld it back on. hope this is what your talking about. later.

Matt_H

Sep 13, 2001
Checked the clamps and everything is in place on them. Oh and the fender catches when you turn the bars to the left.

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
Originally posted by jboomer
Are you sure it's not the pipe itself that is bent?

I got hit from behind and was more concerned about the broken bones and dislocations at the time so I didn't check the bike out. My friends came back to the emergency room after taking my bike home and asked if my fender always hit the pipe...... not what I wanted to hear! Turned out the pipe was bent and partly pulled out of the cylinder. It took a week for me to be able to check it out and you wouldn't believe the things that went through my head at the time. Hopefully that is all that's wrong with yours.

Matt_H

Sep 13, 2001
I saw there was alittle dent and the pipe was scatched a bit so i'll put the stocker back on and see if the fender still hits. Thanks Matt

Matt_H

Sep 13, 2001
Alright stocker fits with no problems so it looks like my fmf factory fatty is bent. so is there anyway to bend it back or a place to send it as I'm just a poor kid who has a tough time making it work now. Thanks alot for your help Matt H.

Moto Squid

~SPONSOR~
Jul 22, 2002
put it back on the bike to see what needs to be tweaked where. You can then put the pipe in a vice and with a big bar probably try and pry the initial "U" shape part of the pipe back a little. Be careful where you pry though!

Sep 23, 2002
^^^^^^ yah what moto said. also heat up the pipe with a torch it will help you bend it a little easier. well if you have one.

jboomer

~SPONSOR~
Jan 5, 2002
If you're gonna put the pipe in a vise, be sure it's a mounting tab that you're "squishing" on. Don't try and put the fat end in the vise and tighten it down (you'll probably end up flattening the pipe or scoring it up real bad and make it look nasty).

Top Bottom