spitdirt

Apr 10, 2002
Just got my 2002 KDX back from the dealership/shop. It was getting a front tube replaced, as I punctured it before winter. The problem is after I got it back I noticed at higher speeds the front end seems to shake up and down. Is it something I can adjust to smooth it out?

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
It's pretty common for mechanics to bind up the forks when they put the front wheel back on, which could cause the symptoms you described.

Your service manual will show you how to do it right.

cfr1970

Sponsoring Member
Jun 27, 2002
make sure your forks are in your triple trees evenly to each other, not too high, or not to low. forks set in the clamps incorrectly will cause the bike to cavitate. beyond that, check the quality of the installation. (bent or pinched tubes) lastly, if the forks were assembled improperly (allowing air bubbles in the oil) it will ride improperly also.

spikes

Jul 12, 2002
All these tips are good but also turn out the brass screw on the top of each shock in case air pressure has built during storage with the different temperatures you expierience. This will make them too hard and give you handling hassels.

Cheers.
Spikes.

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
What's the air pressure in the tire? Maybe they never let off the bead seat pressure.

40psi would be a tad bumpy! ;)

Nothing you can do yourself can't be done by a shop at greater cost and likely screw-up in the process.

Michelle

Sponsoring Member
Oct 26, 1999
KDXFreestyle, if you read the post properly, CC is asking the originator of the thread to check his tyre pressures as they could well be at 40psi which is about what is required for the tyre to bead up properly. I'd hope most/all of us would know not to run 40psi on a regular basis (20psi or thereabouts seems to be quite common amongst newbies for the first few minutes lol)
It happens plenty of times that whoever changed the tyre forgot to let the pressure down afterwards (or pump the brakes).

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom