GEORGIA_boy

May 8, 2007
just looking at some different bikes and this one caught my eye. i would like to get some other peoples opinions on it. just in case your wondering, if i got it i would be riding trails and fields and stuff mostly. but i want a bike that can get some hangtime too.

uh_oh

Sep 25, 2007
its a great bike, it can be trail ridden and with a few mods it can be serious off road racer.
if you get one make sure you do the following:
YZF Throttle stop
Airbox lid removal
Grey Wire mod
ACV Mod
Replace the baffle with a gytr unit, or just dont run one at all, but it would be loud this way
And rejet it accordingly

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
The WR250F is a great bike, I love mine.

I cut the throttle stop, removed the airbox lid, capped off the grey wire and put an aftermarket exhaust for a YZ250F on it. It ROCKS. Next step is getting rid of the battery and starter to shave off weight.

Pulling that cheesy little pencil sized baffle out makes the bike a lot better, but you will find yourself wearing earplugs when you ride. I highly advise getting the FMF "Q" series, or something similar. It was probably the best thing I did to that bike, outside of the quick and easy mods.

I'm not sure what you mean by "hangtime", but if you want to hang the WR out in the air and land it, you will certainly want to spend some money on suspension. Trust me, the thing is awesome for trails, but hitting jumps gets a little scary. :yikes:

Soon will be the YZ timing cam change woohoo! :cool:

Last edited:

GEORGIA_boy

May 8, 2007
I'm not sure what you mean by "hangtime", but if you want to hang the WR out in the air and land it, you will certainly want to spend some money on suspension. Trust me, the thing is awesome for trails, but hitting jumps gets a little scary. :yikes:[/QUOTE]

yeah, i mean hitting jumps and stuff with it. nothin too big like on a track or anything.

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
The bike is actually pretty friendly on small trail jumps. I took mine out on the track at Cooperland and found myself just about beat to death after a couple of laps. Just too much air. If you are just hitting the usual, the bike is fine, nice and soft and absorbs most everything you put it through. I think the overall weight is the difference, as my other ride is a '00 YZ250 2T. I just had the suspension done on the YZ and the bike has turned into something I'm not sure what to do with! (MX-Tech rocks). Perhaps my final move will be to have the suspension done on the WR? :think:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom