blackhawk468

President of Bling
N. Texas SP
Nov 3, 2000
I would have posted this in the product reviews section, but I specifically wanted girl opinions.

Okay, I'm going to buy a chest protector. I have been wearing friends and they were the adult sizes. The problem is with this is they were way to big on me. I felt like a football player. I thought about kids sizes, but those are too small for me. I then thought about the Lady Fusion, but I dunno, I really want a clear one. I have been looking at all of the brands, and I can't make a decision. I was wondering what you girls wore and how you like it. Thanks.

Girlrider

Sep 1, 2000
I just went through this delima. I bought the No Fear one. It is clear with a cool mirror color on the shoulders and it fits pretty good. I was too small for an adult one and too big for a kids. The Lady Fusion rubbed me wrong near my arm pits and it rubbed holes in my friends back. When you get them you have to tighten up the straps that connect the front and back piece to the shoulders. Look at it close and you will see a little plastic thing (kind of like on goggles) and you can pull everything closer together. Check it out!

Nicole

gospeedracer

Chat Mom
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 8, 2000
I was sort of in the same boat as you. I also wanted clear. The youth sizes were too small and I didn't feel they provided enough coverage for proper protection. Since I'm not well endowed, or endowed at all for that matter, ;) I didn't feel I needed a special Ladies style CP and went with the adult size Thor Aftershock CP. It had excellent coverage for my tastes and it felt only slightly large. I did have problems with it rubbing my spine however and leaving a large bump which made it necessary to wear my camel back under my CP when I would prefer to wear it over.
I recently got the Acerbis Lady Fushion though and I like it. Fits comfortably and the silver and black looks nice. I like the quick release feature so I can remove it without taking my helmet off first. The fasteners on the side take some getting used to and I did have the same problem with my camel back though. :(

Last edited:

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
I have and like the lady fusion. My only complaint is that its odd shape makes it stick out when I wear my camelbak (which I prefer to wear under) and the side fasteners are not wonderful. but it fits and feels excellent. Try them on, and be sure to wear whatever you prefer for sports bra, tank top, jersey, camelbak, and anything else you wear when you ride.

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
I know you wanted a girl's opinion on this, but I thought I'd throw in anyways. I have the Airframe and it fits me nicely. However, it probably wouldn't fit you all that well. It seems like it would be too big. I know that if you're built anything like my sister, it certainly wouldn't fit. Definately try them all on before you buy anything. If I remember correctly, Central Yamaha has a pretty big selection of them. I know that many times I've gone to buy one thing, and come away with something different because what I originally wanted didn't fit right.

wroof

Sep 6, 2000
im having the largest kids size airframe (is that what they call it?) chestprotector.
It fits me quite alright,i dont wear a hydrating system when i ride n im quite small framed,
but the platic protection ends above my navel, not as much protection length wise for me.

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
FOX AIRFRAME

I was in the same situation as you - luckily DGY has about 10-12 different chest protectors to try on.... kids was a little too small... and adults were too big.

The Thor Scattershield fit the best - but offers VERY little prtection. It's a flimsy roost deflector - and that's about it. Protect ribs, collarbones, kidneys - I don't think so!!

So I settled with the Fox Airframe and I don't have any complaints - I don't even notice that I'm wearing it!! I love that thing!! One thing I did was take the side straps off and re-hook them through some slots in the back of the chest protector so the back part (it's neat - it conforms to your back) fits pretty snug around me. You should try one on!! I think the new No Fear chest protector is VERY similar - too!

Mine is clear and black - looks cool, good protection, and is very comfortable. I would like to get a little neck pad, though - because is it pretty big near my neck.

Wroof - I think you have the Fox Roost 2 - I don't think they make the Airframe in kids, yet.

Here's a picture of how it fits me (it's the best one I could find showing the chest protector) and I'm 5'5", 125 lbs.

Attachments

• cp.jpg
    cp.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 266

MXGirls.com

Jun 27, 2001
I love My Chest Protector

I am about 5"7 and 120 pounds. My Lady Fusion Chest Protector fits me "Perfect". The side straps are not the easiest to snap, but at least they are not going to come undone. Protector is the main factor and the Lady Fusion offers perfect protection. The black and Silver color works out great because the silver stays clean looking, when I crash the plastic doesn't scratch easily....I had a clear one and it seemed to show the history of my crashes all over it...

L8, AND GOOD LUCK

blackhawk468

President of Bling
N. Texas SP
Nov 3, 2000
After trying on several brands and talking to several of the guys at some of the motorcycle shops around here, I found that the No Fear one was the best for me. I really like it and its comfortable! ... and it just looks cool...

400grl

Jul 8, 2001
I have a Lady Fusion, too, and it holds up very well, as I found out! I crashed pretty hard the other day, and it saved my bacon!!! Good shoulder protection, and I love the kidney guards! The spine fits nice and close, and the shoulders are a normal width! I always forget I have it on. Good ventilation, too!

Corry

BikeDstroyer

Jun 30, 2001
When I tried the Lady Fusion it also rubbed the front of my shoulders by my armpits wrong. It was very uncomfortable just at Girlrider said. I have had 2 sets of the Acerbis Bomber chest protectors and like them very much. They come in clear and are light. Just my .02 cents worth.

Brenda

TTRSean

Jul 5, 2001
LadyFusion work for 5' 100lbs?

My wife is 5 feet tall and around 100lbs
do you think that the Lady Fusion will fit her?
I can't seem to find any at a store to try on. The web site states that it works for 5'4"+ hmmm. What do you think?

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
5 feet and 100 lbs. Gees, she's quite the little lady aint she. I rekcon that she could wear a kids size. I would think that an adult, or even lady fusion, will be way too big.

Top Bottom