What does my kawasaki have for motor?

2cb

Jul 13, 2005
I had a question about how to find out what size motor my dirtbike has. The dirtbike is missing a few things on it, and I am unsure of what size motor it has, when I bought the bike I was told it was a 1993 Kawasaki KDX250. But when I looked at the Emissions label I saw that it says "Applicable to 1991 year" which makes me think that it is a 1991... Also I looked it over and saw that it has a marking on the motor that says "DX200" is this a 1991 KDX200? Can anyone tell me how to find out what this bikes motor and production year are, and or if I am correct at figuring it out to be a '91 KDX200. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

MX-727

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 4, 2000
Click on this link:

http://www.kawasaki.com/Default.asp...VIChooseVehicle.asp&intCatalogID=2&intParts=1

Type in you VIN number and it will tell you what you have as well as give you access to the parts diagrams. Your VIN number is engraved on the frame on the side of the steering head between the triple clamps. This will give you year and model and by default, engine size.

You can also see what size engine you have by looking on either the left or right side of the cylinder, somewhere towards the bottom of the cylinder and you will see a number, either 198cc or 249cc. That is what size engine you have.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom