What is rebound and how to sep up on FE450e

tolga

Jun 15, 2005
Hello,
What is rebound and how to sep up on my Husaberg FE450e? If I want something better as a supension, shoul I get some other brand for my woods riding?
Thanx, Tolga

Wintermute

Jul 7, 2005
After being compressed by a bump or jump the springs in your suspension want to return to their original positions. Left to their own devices the springs will return very quickly. The rebound dampening, which is what that knob on your suspension is referring to, slows the return of the suspension to its original position. The amount of rebound dampening required is dependent mainly on the rating of the springs in your suspension and secondly on the type of riding you do.

If the bike was well set up from the factory the rebound dampening usually doesn't need much adjustment for casual trail riding. If your suspension is not working properly for your environment you will most likely be money ahead to work with a good suspension tuner to dial the front and rear units in.

The Husaberg is generally a great bike, though open bore four strokes can be tiring to ride in the woods for those who are not strong enough to handle the weight. The stock suspension tuning for most bikes is set to a mythical "average". For woods most people have the suspension softened front and rear (changing mainly compression dampening and possibly springs depending on rider weight). The suspension on your Husaberg are good units that can be made to work for you. Unfortunately I don't know any good suspension tuners in Turkey.

Wintermute
-------------------------------------------------------
Duct tape, It's not just for breakfast anymore.

Top Bottom