sanford

Apr 9, 2002
Spoke with a few riders lately and the subject of trophies and awards came up. It seems like everyone has an opinion of what should be given. Some like trophies, some like plaques, some like # plate awards,some like $, some like medals, some like "this" and some like "that"

So, what is your favorite type of award to recieve at a race?

I realize that trophies and plaques can be very expensive. I also know there have been some very unique awards given out by some D14 events.

I thought if we got lucky, there may be a type of award that has more of an interest to the rider and less of a cost to the clubs....probably wishful thinking but ya never know. If not, at least you will get an opinion of what riders like to receive for an award.

sanford

Apr 9, 2002
Shagy100 said:
dead cow harescramble dead cow head on rough sawn 2x10

Thx Shagster. Mio, right?? I recall one of my uncles kept only one or two trophies from "back in the day" and one of them was a dead cow head on a piece of wood. Not sure what the cost of something like that would be?......... Maybe a dead deer head would be cheaper.

I know ARandt usually has some unique stuff at his enduros.

I recall seeing an old stainless steel mug from years ago that had the race and place on it...

TJC510

Mi. Trail Riders
Oct 22, 2006
the coolest one last year that i received was the 2nd from upland enduro, it was a silver medal on ribon but attached to a plaque. you could take the medal off and wear it if you wanted. a couple years ago, jack pine had trophies with a cow bell hanging underneath, that was cool also. Randts are always unique.
i just like something unique, something new or a new twist to something old.

Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
I like the unique ones like Alan's and the Sandstormers. But there is something to be said about trophies and you and can recycle them to the FES.

racer 493 - is that is why you never have any trophies around or trophy girls.

MATTSKN

Sep 7, 2007
Couple years ago stumpjumper had awards that were metal shaped like a bike with a clock as the front wheel that was cool..I also like #plates hang on the wall in the garage nicely..

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Don Marsh said:
I But there is something to be said about trophies and you and can recycle them to the FES.

Thanks Don for the FES reminder.

Anyone who is tired of looking at the old trophies and wants to make a FES donation, let me know.

Mike

salgeek

Oct 2, 2003
There was a club in Muskegon[Seaway Enduro] that use to hand out a picture frame and would later send a "stineback" like photo. The better you placed the larger the photo.

bbarel

Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 13, 2003
salgeek said:
There was a club in Muskegon[Seaway Enduro] that use to hand out a picture frame and would later send a "stineback" like photo. The better you placed the larger the photo.
Great idea.

tdunn976

Aug 23, 2003
I believe you guys should just race for the bragging rights and No throphy at all!

I would save Shat loads of money this year that way! :nener: :nener:

woodsracer369

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 3, 2004
haven't raced in a while - I always would have rather recieved grips, goggles, gloves, or gift certifcates. The neat trophies are neat - 05 JP cowbell (more so than the trophy), 05 stumpjumper. I think the photo idea is good too. Maybe the trophies mean more to the younger classes?? End of year sure, event(s)???

sanford

Apr 9, 2002
woodsracer369 said:
haven't raced in a while - I always would have rather recieved grips, goggles, gloves, or gift certifcates. The neat trophies are neat - 05 JP cowbell (more so than the trophy), 05 stumpjumper. I think the photo idea is good too. Maybe the trophies mean more to the younger classes?? End of year sure, event(s)???

I agree, I think the younger classes are the biggest fans of trophies. Based on the comments, the more unique the better. Oh, and it doesnt hurt to be able to hang it on the wall.

F&S- let me know when you need some trophies

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
salgeek said:

This is a great idea and would support the newest FES sponsor - Stineback.
Sanford - let's talk in June. At this time the storage room is full of trophies for the Arbor Day Enduro.

salgeek

Oct 2, 2003
fatherandson said:
This is a great idea and would support the newest FES sponsor - Stineback.
Sanford - let's talk in June. At this time the storage room is full of trophies for the Arbor Day Enduro.

No doubt Magoo has/will donated many many trophies to the cause with the season he had in 2008. Lord knows most everyone of us will never have the opportunity to provide trophies to the FES buddy class winner.

Last edited:
Top Bottom