What mods can i do to my 1983 KDX 200

Speeedy

Sep 30, 2002
Hey all i have a 1983 KDX 200 with a bore kit installed, i was wondering what other mods i could do to it to improve it even more ?

Johnnyboy

Aug 25, 2001
I dont have the bore kit but I do have an 83 KDX 200. Here is some of the stiff mine has... Stock pipe, Answer silencer, uni-filter, fresh nickasil'd cylinder, 84 KDX carb. That is all the power-up stuff I have. The replated cylinder was the best mod. It eliminated the knocking and brought back lots of power. Unifilter was ok, dont know about the carb or silencer, they had those when I got it. Other mods that I consider necessary... Moose pipe guard, new seat cover, handguards, 3+ gallon tank, and a 76 yamaha brake conversion. I could never get the brakes to work that well. When the hub detonated on the trail the fix ended up costing over $600 so I looked at a 76 yamaha wheel. It cost $60 from a scrap yard. I made a wheel to fork adapter, machined down the yamaha drum and made wheel spacers to center the wheel. Everything else worked together. It now has better brakes then I could get with brand-new factory components.
You might want to look into getting new reeds, I havent because mine are fine. I cannot emphasize how awesome heavy duty inner tubes are. Also I would like to get a skid plate but havent yet. This bike is great, it has proven to be more reliable than the newer XR's I ride with and is almost as quick as an XR400. Great bike and I dread the day I get rid of it.

Speedy

Nov 12, 2001
Hmm,, Looks like I have a double?? Hi Speeedy.. Funny thing is,, I have a 85' kdx200. Look at the post, 1985 kdx carb. check it out...

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom