KTM

Aug 2, 2001
OK this is how it went we had a raffle at a bike show that I went to in the area and they were giving away a DRZ400E, KTM LC4,and a YZ 426f I bought a ticket for the YZ but they got mixed up and I scored the LC4. I dont know what to do with it...the bike is so weird, Are they street bikes or dual purpose or what. I got no details on the bike just the deed and one hell of a tax bill for it, 375 bucks. Can you race them? I dont want to sell it but would like some info. I didnt even know they had these things in America. :scream:

Bill Hibbs

~SPONSOR~
Aug 25, 1999
I'll tell you what, I'll give you $375.00 for it and you won't have to worry about it again. :p

A bike like that you can take anywhere you want!

VOR 492

Feb 18, 2001
the bike is so weird, Are they street bikes or dual purpose or what. I got no details on the bike just the deed and one hell of a tax bill for it, 375 bucks.

Yes they are weird, But they make great Dual sport street bikes .:scream:
Could not wait to sell mine for a real dirt bike. Some people love them
Try selling if you dont want it.

Greek kattom

Jul 24, 2001
LC4

As a previus 640 Lc4 owner all I can say is that you have a great bike that can go anywere and do anything with a little faith!
It is a great dual sport bike with good power, brakes,handling and suspesions.If you want it to be a racer the limits are the weight and the weird possition for racing it around.If it is uncorked it has good and usable power for open areas but it is a drag in paths and closed areas enduro.
If you want a race bike go ahead and sell it but if you want a dual bike this is as best as they come!

Hi from Greece! :cool:

VintageDirt

Baked Spud
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 1, 2001
Originally posted by KTM
I dont know what to do with it...the bike is so weird, Are they street bikes or dual purpose or what.
You're confusion leads me to think that you may have a KTM "Duke". If that is the case it is a street bike. I hear they are very fun to ride.

KTM

Aug 2, 2001
No I have seen what the dukes look like and I can tell you that it is an LC4. The engine has it engraved on the left side of the engine. I took it out today and it handles like a dream on the road but as soon as I hit the dirt I was fishtailing left and right. It is a little bit weak on power though. I think I will keep it though.

Thanxs

-KTM

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
The new Cycle News has an article on the '02 KTM lineup. There are five 640 LC4 models: Dual Sport, Adventure R, Six Days, Supermoto and the Duke.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Patman's home for Pumpkins

Always has openings for bikes needing a home. Just put it on a bus and I'll pick it up.;)

woodchuck

May 2, 2000
I will give it a good home

If it was unexpected and unwanted, its not its fault. I deserves a good home, send it to Illinois. It can share a room with my Harley, KDX and GAS GAS. It will not be lonely.:D

WoodChuck

RMDUSTER71

Mar 27, 2001
:( I don't believe it, you got a KTM for $375 and your not happy. You make it sound like the raffle was rigged and you was to get the YZ and ended up with the LC4 by mistake. At least you have a machine that you have very little invested in. If you don't like it sell it to someone that will enjoy it and take the $$$ and get the bike you do want. Simple solution to a simple problem. The way I see it your way ahead of the game no matter what you do. At any rate ENJOY, ENJOY, ENJOY!!!!!!!!

KTM

Aug 2, 2001
NO NO NO its not that at all. I am extatic about it I just dont know what to do with it that is it. I got weak at the knees wwhen I realized I won this thing. Then I got really confuse. hehehe :eek:

gulliver

May 4, 2001
Boat anchor? I don't think so. The LC4 engine placed 1 - 5 in the Paris Dakar Rally.
Over 6,000 miles in about 70 hours, not bad. The 640, which I own, is great on the street
and smooth trails. Sure, it's huge and not great on tight trail. Also, you have to be tall to
fit on it. If you have the Duke, you have a great supermotard bike.

The most fun is all the looks you get riding down the road. I drew a small crowd at a car/bike
show a few weeks ago. Funny thing is, I was in the public parking area, not even a part of the
show.

Have fun.

TexKDX

~SPONSOR~
Aug 8, 1999
The LC4 motor designation has been around since 1988 and has been in everything from MX bikes (SX) to street bikes (Duke) in displacements of 350, 400, 600, 620, and 640. In the middle were the SXC, RXC, and EXC designations to boot. Now we have the Adventurer in the lineup as well.

I call the LC4 a "generation II" 4 stroke motor, in comparision to the Honda XR motor air cooled as a gen I and the '98-'01 Yamaha motors a gen III. The CR450F will be a gen IV motor IMO as will the '03 Yammie 4s. The 'bergs are Gen III while the KTM RFS straddles the fence on Gen III and Gen IV as best I can tell.

Top Bottom