JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
Someone has actually put a deposit on my car.:confused: If the deal goes through, I'll be in the market for a new bike.

I'm going back to the dark side, but I'm not sure what flavor bike to get. I've narrowed it down to either a KTM400EXC or a YZ250F. E-start is not a necessity. (I rode Ivan's 250F and started it on the first kick.) I'm going to ride MX and enduros/woods.

Any of you 250F/400EXC owners have any honest input for me?

JuliusPleaser

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
At some point in life you have to ask yourself "Do I really NEED a house?"

I've owned a house, but I've never had a 250F or a 400EXC. I think my priorities are in order...:)

B

biglou

Hey-If you get the KTM, can we call you Orange Julius!!!

Thank you, thank you. I'll be here through Thursday. Don't forget to tip your waitresses and bartenders.;)

But seriously-I have ridden a 250F and for me it wouldn't do. I am a semi-novice of considerable mass (Read: Too fat) and the little thumper just didn't have the bottom end torque that the bigger-bore bikes do. For me the larger displacement results in instant acceleration. I love that down low, stump-pullin' tractor power. If that's your bag, the KTM might be the way to go. However, the YZ was super light compared to my DRZ and was just a blast to throw around. Just my $.02.:)

JuliusPleaser

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
Orange Julius....:)

I rode Ivan's 250F and the power was pretty impressive. I was able to double on it right away. I haven't had the opportunity to ride a 400EXC yet.

JuliusPleaser

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
I'll have to scam a ride on a 400. That's gonna be the only way to make an informed decision.

If I stick with a 250F, I could swing an enclosed trailer as well. Freedom of choice can be taxing...:cool:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom