what tricks do you have up your sleeve???

davidg

Apr 30, 2002
When I'm having trouble passing someone, I will wait for one of A riders to go by me. Then I just follow him around the person, there usually a little more agressive passing slower riders.

flynbryan

~SPONSOR~
May 22, 2000
In our area we would hoop and hollar when we came up on a slower rider. A quick blip or two of the throttle works as well. Be sensible though wild free reving, or hollaring like a mad man only makes an already nervous rider even worse, then he takes himself, and you out. When they pull over thank them, its polite, and it will make them more willing to do it for you at the next race. Track ediquite is very important, its the difference between fast guys getting by you, or Putting you on the ground(or worse a tree :eek: ) because you wouldn't get out the way.

Oct 10, 2000
The race starts way before that morning! Start hydrating that Monday or at the very latest Wed. (drinking a gal. a day), eat right (pasta the night before) and be well rested. Do not practice after Thursday you need 2 days for 100% rest. Know that your bike is ready, so your mind is at ease.

Now for a tip: Everyone (except the elete) goes about the same pace through real tight stuff so something separates riders. What separates riders is Windows of Oportunity. Example, making a consious effort everytime you have a chance to get on the gas (twisting the trottle), even if its just a short section. All these short sections add up and you start gaining a second here and a second there. These sections are not easily spotted, when your thinking that this is just a transition spot from one section to another it is actully an oportunity to gain a second. Turn the gas on early and brake late in these sections and your lap times will improve and maybe your overall position.
You Must make a consious(sp) effort to go as fast as you can before the next tight section every time you have a chance. You will become a faster rider.

Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
Geez Wheelie!

There you go giving away all the good secretsl.  ;) :scream: :thumb: 

It's kinda funny that I was reminding myself of those very words this past sunday during the national enduro, "Everyone goes the same in the tight, make time in the open."  I heard that advise from a pretty good rider, Randy Hawkins.

Top Bottom