New bike hauler! What would you do?

Flygirl

Jul 28, 2006
I can't seem to paste pictures of our hauler in this reply but you can see them in my gallery...we had an old ice cream truck at one point and ended up selling it. My husband is an awesome painter and has done flames and graphics on many haulers, just hasn't gotten to ours yet :-) He's also done many toilets, believe it or not. Can't believe how many "bigwigs" like their toilets flamed! Anyway, haulers are the way to go. Especially on those rides that end late, the only thing you have to unload is the empty cooler :-)

mdkuder

Who me?
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 4, 2001
Paint it up like a UPS truck except use MXS, that'll confuse people on a reguar basis.

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
recent pics please! lets see that rig now :nod:

Masterphil

DRN's Resident Lunatic
Aug 3, 2004
Not much has changed, but I have finished the table and mounted the co2 tank. I'll try to get some and post 'em up tomorrow.

motometal

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 3, 2001
with that change in gearing, the next step will be to tune the engine for more power...what is it you do with turbos, wastegate? And turn up the injector pump?

Regarding how to hold the bike down, my friend invented a device that holds the bike by the handlebars, very sturdy, when not in use it folds up out of the way. Unlike most other methods, it requires absolutely nothing to be mounted on the floor of the truck/trailer to trip over. "The best" solution for an enclosed trailer. Per the rules, I won't spam a link here but i'm sure if you do a bit of looking around, you will find it (his product has been in the magazines, etc.)

Masterphil

DRN's Resident Lunatic
Aug 3, 2004
I don't have a generator, and I'd hate to have a flat or want to be able to change the air pressure in my tires and not have an air source.

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
inverters are worth their weight in gold when camping (rustic) and will run a small pump possibly even a baby compressor??

or have you considered this and shot it down already??

Masterphil

DRN's Resident Lunatic
Aug 3, 2004
I scored a 15lb co2 cyl, regulator, guages, hoses, and quick connects for free. This project has always been about low cost and making do with what you've got. Besides, justy filling tires, that 15lb co2 tank will last me a looooong time. 15lbs of liquid co2 is about the same as 133 cubic feet of air.

I'll also be lighting, heating, and cooking with propane. I'll be trying to get all the propane and co2 stuff fitted and hooked-up soon. Don't worry, when I get new things finished, I'll get some more pics up.

Mar 16, 2007
speaking of outdoor showers, we had one a while back. It was just some tubing with a shower head connected to it. and the bottom connector peice was just a flexible kinda thing that you could screw on to a hose bib. and walah insta shower.

friar tuck

Feb 9, 2006
Man that is cool!! A friend of mine has one for sale right now, but it's a gas engine, that needs some work. I'm not mechanical at all, so I've shyed away from it...but after looking at your pics, I'm really starting to think about the possiblility. Although we just had our 6th kid, so I probably can't bring that thing home unless I'm prepared to LIVE in it. :(

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
I suggest a bulkhead also. You can build one out of square tubing and cover it with plywood and carpet for minimal cost. You have to have something that will keep the cargo out of your back if you slam on the brakes or hit something. A half full kleenex box to the back of the neck at 30mph will break your neck, do the research.

Top Bottom