What was it that Mamma always said?

zio

Mr. Atlas
Jul 28, 2000
First of all- Happy Hollidays to all you guys. I've been wrapped up in my own little world lately.

For my birthday/christmas combo (12/21 bday) zia & I decided to give ourselves a gift that'd keep on giving for the whole family for the rest of our lives- I remodeled the garage & we bought an Olhausen billiard table. It was our gift to each other, & the parents kicked in some $$$ too. Late on Christmas day a neighbor spotted us playing & stopped by (garage door was up). It seems the whole neighborhood has been curious as to what all the mess & noise has been about. So I invite him in for a game and a Newcastle. I open his, then go to open mine. Newcastle's aren't twist-offs, so I was using a bottle opener that's made to be wall mounted, but I hadn't mounted it yet. It took a lot of leverage, but somehow I managed to break the whole top off & jab the glass into my palm with enough force to require seven stitches. What a moron I felt like in the emergency room- it was me and about 10 kids with various new-toy related injuries. One kid cut himself on his new skis, one kid fell off his new swingset, another fell on his new dirtbike (which, btw, the whole staff was very cool about & encouraged him to get right back on & have fun:cool: , just be safe). And there I was, the drunkard who just finished beating his wife and needed to cool off with another beer. :uh:

There was one highlight, however- a very attractive, young doctor asked me how I got my wound. I told her I had been in a knife fight. She wasn't amused. Later, while preparing to clean the wound, she asked if I had learned a valuable lesson after all this, and I told her "oh yes, I'm switching to cans from now on". She couldn't help but laugh a little, even though she clearly didn't want to. She didn't come back to sew me up, though, which I was very grateful for as I nearly passed out from all the nervousness/hyperventilation. And I had a FULL bladder, too, that I was ashamed to mention because I just didn't want them to think I had been boozing it up on Christmas day, and I was scared to death that if I passed out I'd wet myself (along with passing a bit of gas, too:o )

So how was your Christmas?

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Much less eventuful, lol!
I did spend the Sunday before recovering from a few too many Saturday night, but to my knowledge came out un hurt.

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
Zio promise me you will never volunteer to help me with garage projects. The 2 of us could probably destroy the world without even trying.
Hope the hand is doing okay and our Xmas was also very quiet and uneventfull (just wait til the bills get here then it'll pickup)

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
So it sounds like you are like me... get hurt riding bike... take bike home clean up and then go to ER , just to avoid the motorcycle lecture! A too often repeated series of events!

Kevin

zio

Mr. Atlas
Jul 28, 2000
Oh come on, Oldguy! I'm the King of Shortcuts. You'll easily waste twice as much time and obliterate your budget with me on your crew, but oh the memories we'll have! I even have my own toolbelt!:)

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
You have room in your garage for a pool table?!?!? :silly:

I wish I had enough room to work on my bike without having to move purt near everything!

I do have enough room to drink a beer, though. Thankfully, no injuries for the Predator crew over Christmas (other than the cat needing drop-kicked a couple times -- he's just too fast to catch!)

VintageDirt

Baked Spud
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 1, 2001
Zi Oh, Zi Oh...

Sounds like you've got a tale to tell the young 'uns every Christmas for the rest of your life.:)

One of the relatives gave my 4 year old son one of those damn transformer robot thingys. Man that thing is harder to figure out than a Rubic's Cube. I can't understand the instructions and they're all pictures! Muz be in Korean or somethin'.:confused:

My head is starting to hurt again just thinking about it. I wish he had gotten a pool table too.

B

biglou

zio-Birthdays are one day apart, paisan. Spooky. I am, however, very distressed to find out that I am EIGHT YEARS OLDER than you are. :mad:

zio

Mr. Atlas
Jul 28, 2000
Yeah, I know. It's like you're the old guy who hangs out at the video arcade always wanting to show me the inside of his cargo van:o ...why do I have to take off my t-shirt?

Top Bottom