Morganhahaha

Jun 23, 2005
I'm about 170lbs 6'3" and in decent shape. I need something I can have fun with offroad but also get around town with up at college. But, being that I'm a poor college kid, the most I can shell out is probably going to be $600.

I figure that I could get any old dirt bike and modify it to be street legal (Closely following the guidlines established by the local DMV of course)

Modifying it to be street legal isn't the problem, I have all the tools and can figure out the wiring and such, but finding a bike up around my school is. I live on Long Island, which is the southernmost part of NY, but my college is on the NY side of Lake Ontario (SUNY Oswego is my college incase theres any alumni here? ;)) I have somewhere to keep it when I come back home between breaks so that isn't a problem.

Basically I'm just wondering if anyone knows any tricks for finding a good place to get a cheap used dirt bike that runs, and if so, what sort of bike should I try to get around this price range ($600)? And if you know a place in the syracuse area or north of it let me know because thats not too far!

xr100ider

Jan 31, 2003
you'll have some trouble finding a good, running bike for $600, especially at 6'3". getting the bike street legal wont be easy either...

Top Bottom