teatime

Jun 26, 2009
Hi guys,I'm new here and also new riding bikes, I recently got a KDX200 and it's listed as a '96, I've been comparing it to every picture I've found online and it doesn't look like a 96 at all,the thing is I want to put it into a good contition,but since I don't know the real year I can't order the parts.
I live in Costa Rica and parts in here are expensive and hard to find,I want to restore the whole body and make it look respectable,because plastics and gas tank really look deceiving.
Please help I've tried checking the VIN but it seems unable to track
I'd like to know if theres a better looking tank and seat for that model but since I don't know the real year I can't be sure if it fits my bike.
I'd like to get modern shrouds and side panels, but need to know the year first...
Thanks for your help I really appreciate it.
Greetings from Costa Rica

ps sorry I couldn't post bigger images

Last edited:

MXSparx

Mr. Meltsomeglass
Jul 25, 1999
NoVa
What's the VIN
It may not be trackable because it wasn't registered. You shuld still be able to use the VIN to determine the year

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Welcome to DRN!

A friend keeps trying to convince me that we need to go to Costa Rica. He has a friend that lived on the Osa Peninsula that Steve indicated is cut from the same block of craziness that I am.

In any case, regarding the KDX ... pop into Canadian Daves JustKDX forum and post up your info and I bet you get your answer and a bunch of sources as to where to get parts.

Also ... Check out the Every Kdx Rider Should Read This! thread in Canadian Daves JustKDX forum. It will lead you to piles of information on the KDX. Our own FredT, dirtbiker extrodinair has authored a compendium of information relating to the venerable KDX. Be sure and check it out!

Again
329233607_EtCME-M.gif
to DRN!

Well :rotfl: I see Sparky has already moved the thread. :laugh:

julien_d

Oct 28, 2008
Yeah, if you can post up the frame number we can tell you the year. Or go to kawasaki.com and click on the manuals link under "purchase manuals" at the lower left corner of the page. Put your vin in the "search by vin number" field and it should shoot the bikes year/model back at you with a list of available manuals for that model.

SVandal

Jul 18, 2007
Post a picture and we'll do what we can. Basically, if you have conventional forks and a cradle frame your 95 or newer. Someone else will have to chime in for the other differences.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom