gomojo

Jul 6, 2002
what's the deal with yamaha? i have'nt heard any real substantial, hard news on the YZ 450/ WR 450. isn't yamaha usually the first company to show off their new models? i'm starting to think their having some kind of trouble with the new design or something. it's tickin me off! ktm is already out, i've seen them at the last off road race. considering taking my name off the waiting list and riding my 01 ktm 300 another year. after all, the new design isn't proven yet (180 changes). although, i could be just freak'n out.

380EXCman

Sponsoring Member
Sep 15, 1999
Actually KTM has yet to release its 450SX and 250SX.

YZ Joust

Master of Jackassery
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 21, 2002
One of my buddies bought the first year model of the YZ426F and he had to wait until December.... I'm not sure if that is when it was released or if he just couldn't get one from the local shop... Your local shop should be able to locate one for you when/if they are out....

MXP1MP

Nov 14, 2000
I'm waiting on the YZ250F's to show up I call the local dealers weekly They hope any time now they were suppose to be released this month first they said first week nov but that doesn't work for me cause the first AX race is nov 2nd. They are suppose to be locating one for me I'm going to call today to see whats up. I will have one soon I know someone who got a yz 450F last week. a few dealers have said they have been delayed in thier shipments (hmm wonder if this was done on purpose?) by a few weeks now. I'm also dealing with the shop owners not a salesman though.

SirThumper

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
The local shop here tells me that there is one of the YZ450F's scheduled in Sept. My name is already on it :p . They said they are not sure what day it will arrive but that it will be here this month. :think: There are several sets of skid marks out in front of the dealer due to me seeing the freight truck sitting outside on my way to work. :)

380EXCman

Sponsoring Member
Sep 15, 1999
Actuall the KTM dealer here has the bikes but can't release them till the clamp problem is rectified.
That would be on the EXC's and the 525SX the 125SX and the yet to be released 200SX, 250SX and 450SX's are not affected. My local dealer has been delivering bikes for a while now. I stopped by today and they had 2 that they were taking the Triple clamps off of. They have been next day airing them back to KTM and getting the replacements back 2nd day air.

As for Yamaha's there have been a few new 450F's floating around some of the local tracks the last few weeks. So they are out there. But like any of the other "new" bikes, if you want one before Christmas you better get your name on a list. But at this point it may be to late anyway.

B

biglou

I read of one guy who just happened across a new YZ450 at a dealer that had no deposit on it. Needless to say he bought it right then and there. The place that I bought my 426 from is out in the middle of nowhere and they said that they sat on their first CRF450 for MONTHS before they sold it! I found that hard to believe, but they say it's true. Not only that, but they were selling them for $5800 OTD!

I also think that Yamaha has to know that they can sell pretty much as many of the new 450's as they can possible get to the dealers. I don't think they would be holding back for any reason. Best thing to do would be to call around if you are looking for something. You might just find a hidden treasure sitting on the showroom floor of some podunk town's dealer. Stranger things have happened!

wayneo426

Sponsoring Member
Dec 30, 2000
Sandbar, NY
Originally posted by BigLou
You might just find a hidden treasure sitting on the showroom floor of some podunk town's dealer.

This is true here as well. I saw a CRF450 sit on a dealers floor for the whole summer!
finally, someone came by and picked it up for $5700. But most of these guys do big time sales on Wave Runners anyway. Go figure.

bigred455

"LET'S JUST RIDE"
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 12, 2000
I am still waiting for my 03 kx 250,second on the original list.KX'S are not a hot item like a yzf or crf,well to me they are.

Lorin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 25, 1999
Yamaha of Stillwater in Oklahoma has two of them. The first one I managed to scam a ride on and seems to be the owners personal bike. The second one hasnt been picked up as of yet. They recieved their two bikes early partly because they are a brand new dealership. Either bike can be bought.

MXP1MP

Nov 14, 2000
Still nothing here locally on getting a 250F :( so far everything says next month at the earliest or first week of nov! grrr.

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
Originally posted by BigLou
they were selling them for $5800 OTD!

Local Honda shop here is selling '03 CRF450's for $5800. David is really close to snagging one.

Local Yami shop has an '02 WR426 for $4900. Dad's eyeballin' it! All us Ky boys may be thumpers before too long. ;)

Haven't seen any '03 Yamahas or Kawi's around here yet.

fatty_k

~SPONSOR~
Jul 3, 2001
The shop I work at just sold our first YZ450F. Of course it was sold before it was out of the crate. The mechanic fired it up first kick right out of the crate!

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Originally posted by DEANSFASTWAY
Whats the KTM clamp problem ???

Dean - Check out the KTM forum. Those guys have documented it pretty well.

Tim250F

Nov 22, 2000
I am a salesman at a Yamaha dealer (www.cycleworldofhouma.com) in Houma, Louisiana and our first 250F is in transit as we speak. I'm sure it will be arriving at dealers across the country in a matter of days. And no we do not have a deposit on our first one so if you are in the area it is up for grabs. The 450 will be in later this month but all of ours are spoken for.

SirThumper

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
Well, I just went from #1 to #5. The local shop two miles from my house can keep their YZ450 for all I care. In the last 6 years I have bought 6 brand new bikes of some sort or another, not to mention all the extras I have put on each of the bikes. The owner was blatently rude to my wife today unknowing who she was and plus I have had it with their service. I picked up my bike and when I arrived back at the shop decided to check the oil real quick. While removing the oil cap, oil rolls out everywhere, they must have checked it cold and filled it that way, how stupid can you get. I took my deposit 45 miles down the road and told them I didn't care how long I had to wait, I was buying the next available YZ450F. After getting out my wallet, I left there with a better deal than the guys I normally do business with. The problem here is that I will have to wait till Nov. for my new bike, but at least the local shop owner will not get another cent of my money. I'll be sure to tell all my friends to stay out of there too.

B

biglou

SirT-Sometimes standing firm for what you believe in can be painful! I say cheers to you. I would have done the same thing. I vote with my wallet, too. To me, customer service is just as important as price. If some jackass dealership doesn't want your money, by God take it somewhere else. They think they have you because they have what you want "right now". I say "Balls!" Let'em sell to someone else who doesn't care where he spends his money.
Hang in there, you'll have your new bike before you know it. :)

slideways11

Sponsoring Member
Apr 18, 2000
Good move Sir T. I just cancelled 2 03Yz250f's from the dealer I have been using. I was sick and tired of trying to get parts for my yz's and getting jerked around by there parts guys. And now that I have seen the pictures of the new cr250f's I might just wait and get a couple of those.

slideways11

Sponsoring Member
Apr 18, 2000
bp check the crf250r thread in this forum.

Top Bottom