whats the little secret thats helped you the most

berlinetta

Dec 16, 2006
no matter how strong the urge is, never say "hey, watch this" before performing any tricks/looonng wheelies. This will result in pain and possibly an ER visit ;)

gurt

Feb 25, 2006
"Never leave the pits if it's following the words "I'll just go for one more lap"

Ha! I did that yesterday and ended up landing on my head. Such a great tip!

Bakemono

Apr 21, 2007
The biggest tip that helped me is to ride without fear. Fear is a killer. Fear makes you hesitate, fear makes you doubt yourself. If you can learn to control your fear and overcome it, there is no limit to what you can do.

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
cconner2l said:
I dont know about the leatt brace. I was wearing mine and i was riding my 110 and went over the bars in first gear and still broke my collarbone.

I don't think the leatt brace is supposed to prevent a broken collar bone, I think it's designed to lessen the chance of a broken neck..

Moose

~SPONSOR~
Sep 16, 2006
Also slows down reaction time. When ever you're playing sports its best to lay off taking any pain medication (tylenol, advil, aleve etc) unless it's absolutely necessary.

peanuts

Jun 16, 2007
I am relatively new to the sport of off road motorcycles, but I basically apply the following strategy:

When I encounter an obstacle I ask myself "is it going to kill me?"

If Yes, apply break.
If No, apply throttle.

MotoCruse

Jul 19, 2007
A lot of good advice but my problem is.....I really started getting into dirt riding at 32. I have street experience, but there aren't table tops and berms in concrete....well, that I know of!

GoT_GreeN

Jun 17, 2007
First of all you have to lose all the street smarts when going to dirt. The best way to get use to dirt is make a simple figure 8 some where, a garden would work after planting season. Do this fig8 over and over getting faster and faster, obsticals will come but you need to learn how to corner properly. Allow some distance in between the corners so you can at least get into 3rd gear so you'll also learn how to enter with plenty of speed doing the proper braking proceedures to set your self up for the corner. Once you've learned this you can build you a 4 way table at the crossings.

mex_ros

Aug 2, 2006
Ok this will sound funny but i'm serious.
One thing that helped me the most is what i call ''mind riding''.
I close my eyes before i sleep and i relax myself, i imagine that i'm on my bike and i'm riding, i imagine all the details, the weather, the track, the smell of the gazoline, the dust, everything. I'm watching myself riding and i'm trying to correct my mistakes, i'm trying to turn faster, jump higher, look always forward etc.
It works :coocoo:

76GMC1500

Uhhh...
Oct 19, 2006
The simplest, most helpful piece of advice for me is to plant your body weight firmly on the outside foot peg during a turn. If you put your foot out, don't stick it out to the side or drag it on the ground. Put it far forward by the front brake and don't let it touch the ground.

Flux3D

Aug 8, 2007
Stay hydrated. Take the time to warm up. Stop when you are tired. I know that sounds simple but if you follow it you will crash less often.

Top Bottom