whats the little secret thats helped you the most

bclark001

Sep 12, 2007
for trail riding i will ride the rear brake in corners to keep that back wheel spinning but not gain any speed ya may go through brake pads but you will have more controll in corners especially in sand. I don't know it works for me

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
re: What's the little secret that's helped you the most?

If a woman asks you if the pants she's wearing make her butt look big, always -- ALWAYS -- say no.

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
SpeedyManiac said:
Where on earth did you come up with this fact? :coocoo: For guys with larger hands, fat grips REDUCE arm pump.
I've got larger than average hands...come to think of it, everything on me is larger than average! Years ago I went to the ProGrips because they were larger. I used them for a couple years but never noticed any improvement in arm pump. When I switched back to normal sized grips, that's when I noticed an improvement. So, for me, larger grips resulted in more arm pump.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
I used the pro grips,they were fine till they got muddy. Arm pump is usually a lack of conditioning. If someone can blame it on grips,what next? I can ride till the cows come home,but that first race is when I get arm pump. Race at least once a month and no issues! And no matter what,I can not push as hard riding as racing!

Mar 16, 2007
great thread, anyone have any more tips? when practicing at the track, if theres a section I want to be faster at I see what the guys better than me are doing there. Also when they pass me I try and keep up with them as long as possible.

JD_MXRacer

Nov 27, 2006
HubertGarfunkleIII said:
great thread, anyone have any more tips? when practicing at the track, if theres a section I want to be faster at I see what the guys better than me are doing there. Also when they pass me I try and keep up with them as long as possible.

I also tried to do the keeping up thing. Thats when a guy tried to pass me in the air and hit me. He and his bike landed on me and it broke my tailbone and some other little injuries.

that was during practice. at that track all the big bikes race together. now i can barely do practice because im so scared, more than i am of the race.

07kx250f

Oct 2, 2007
The one I found most helpful is when jumping with buddies. Count the gears they go through when attacking a large jump. This will help you make a better first jump.

Also, take a few mins to sit and watch better riders, youll pick up alot that way :)

Top Bottom