What's wrong with Pro Circuit?

Sure Shot

Aug 20, 2000
I have been on the list for a while know and usally keep a low profile, ask the odd question, always happy with the awnsers I get. One thing that puzzles me when ever some one asks which pipe to buy for their KDX 220 the awnser always seem to be FMF. Now you can't tell me that the Pro Circuit is no good, there are to many racers running them. I want to hear from the guys running the PC pipes and there opinions on them as I against the oral majority have ordered a Pro Circuit. With any luck this was not a bad choice:eek:

kevinkdx

Mar 25, 2001
who says...

that PC pipes are any worse than fmf. I know i have heard the same thing aroudn here but personally on my kdx250 the PC pipe rips up everything and anything. It gives a little more on top end than the fmf and smooths out the whole power band. All in all, it doesn't really matter which one you get, yes you may gain a little more here or there on any peticular pipe ( thats why i got the Pc cuz i needed more on top) but they are all relatively the same. I know one thing you will sure feel a weight diff between the stock and the PC.

spanky250

Mod Ban
Dec 10, 2000
The PC pipe on a KDX is about the same as the FMF rev pipe. The only real advantage FMF has is that they offer the choice between the rev pipe and the torque pipe, where PC only makes one pipe for the KDX. I tried a PC pipe on my 250, and it was similar to my FMF Fatty, the FMF seemed stronger in the mid, but the PC revved a little higher. The differences were not dramatic, and I could have used either pipe, but I prefered the meatier mid of the FMF over the higher revs of the PC. It came down to personal preference, not any real advantage in performance by either brand.

xpwarrior

Jan 14, 2001
Never tried the FMF pipe but the PC I put on my 96 KDX200 really rips compared to stock. It also fit great which i've heard can be a problem with come of the FMF stuff. I was also told that the PC pipes weren't very durable so I put on a spine type pipe guard. After bouncing the bike down three ledges of bench rock right on the pipe all I had was a few scratches. Durability seems good to me.

Sure Shot

Aug 20, 2000
Works Sweet

The PC came today, easy to install took about 15 mins and boy what a diff in mid to top. I think I just saved some life on my front tire. No regrets so far.:D

JCV 220R

Oct 13, 1999
Sure, the PC pipe is much better than stock. The PC pipe also seems to be a good choice for MX bikes and KDX 250's. Also, it's no secret that Pro Circuit makes awesome products.

My experience with KDX's includes '95 to present KDX 200's and 220's and that experience is quite extensive. On these bikes (mine and friends') I have used the PC, FMF T pipe and FMF R pipe. Compared to either FMF pipe, the PC is a waste of cash, especially on a 220. When installed on a 220, the PC pipe closely mimmicks the powerband of a KDX 200 but with a slightly stronger midrange. Now, why own a 220 if you want to give up that nice, off idle snap? On a KDX 200, the PC pipe takes an already weak low end and makes it weaker. Sure, there is a nice power increase everywhere else but ride the tight here in NH with that sucker and your clutch finger will get tired real quick. The PC pipe might be a blast in the desert but who on earth would want to wind up a KDX to a screaming speed out in the open for any length of time? Plus, the FMF Rev will give even more top end for you desert speed junkies.

IMHO, there is absolutely no good reason to install a PC pipe on a '95 or newer KDX and if you have a chance to try out the other pipes you'll see why.

Before you get all riled at me for knocking your new purchase, just remember: you did ask :D

Sure Shot

Aug 20, 2000
PC Pipe

I appreciate the comments, most guys usally ramble on how good the FMF is but no one would say any thing about the pro circuit. My intial ride on the KDX with the PC installed was better than expected. Low end revs smothed out and I am getting a good hit from mid to top, with more top end power which is what I wanted. I may regret this purchase in time but right know I'm pleased, besides I got the PC for $120 less than I could an FMF. Time will tell.:silly:

Sure Shot

Aug 20, 2000
Yup, $120 less. One of the distriputers here in Canada are getting out of Hardware stuff for bikes, selling only clothes now. $340 thru most dealers, $220 thru them (Thats Canadian funds) In fact the silencer which I got a month ago list for $205 I got thru them for $89, so I felt I could live for a little less performance for that kind of savings.:confused:

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
Things that make you go Hhhmmmm...

All in all, it doesn't really matter which one you get, yes you may gain a little more here or there on any peticular pipe....... but they are all relatively the same.

So....they are all different, but they are all the same? Oh!!

It's the 'little more here or there' that is the point.

Otherwise, why bother with a 2.685 diameter needle vs: a 2.695 (CEJ/CEK)?

Because it makes a difference!!!!

Top Bottom