VenturaDC

Jul 23, 2009
Well its time for a new rear wheel. id prefer to order from rocky mountain but it looks like the only rear wheels they have are for a kx500 of the same year as my bike, 1996. anyone know if it will work with my hub if i order the kx500 hoop and spoke kit?

VenturaDC

Jul 23, 2009
sorry i should have clarified, I was looking at aftermarket rims but the only option for wheels for a 96 kdx is a warp 9 front and a prowheel front, nothing shows for a rear, but they do show an 18" wheel that fits the kx500 96 thats why i wanted to know if it would work

VenturaDC

Jul 23, 2009
after cross referencing part numbers on excels website it looks like the rims have the same part numbers but the part numbers for the spokes are different by one number so im not sure if maybe the kx500 spoke are just thicker maybe? i know i can get excel rims but the warp 9's are much cheaper and my riding buddy has had good success with them, so any ideas if the spoke kit for a kx500 will work?

reepicheep

Apr 3, 2009
The other option is just a used rear wheel on ebay. Shipping will be high, but you will still probably be out the door cheaper then aftermarket.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom