rybo3

Jun 13, 2002
i am going to trout creek mt. in april with friends and kid's. i was wondering if there are any o.r.v.'s or trail systems around that area. it has to be somewhat begginers stuff as we will have some novice riders w/ us. i am going to be there the 2nd week of april. thanks

bbbom

~SPONSOR~
Aug 13, 1999
There are several National Forests around Trout Creek area. Riding that area early in the season is questionable though since normally we can't get into the higher el's until at least June.

You might luck out this year since snow has been pretty sparse. Montana and Idaho trails are usually pretty demanding but I've taken my kids as beginners on some areas and they were fine.

Check out http://www.expedia.com/pub/agent.dll?qscr=mrfn to get a map of the area around Trout Creek. We've ridden at Saltese, Montana and Wallace which are both reasonably close to Trout Creek.

If you punch in a request for Driving Directions from Saltese to Trout Creek you can see the names of several National Forests. Then go to

http://www.fs.fed.us/

and you can get info on the forests by State. The site will give you Ranger District contact info too so you can see what the conditions are and probably get a trail map. If not, you should be able to get a topo map like hunters use from any good map place. They usually show the trails and roads.

I can check with the guys I know here that ride snowmobiles at Saltese and see what the conditions are like this year. I'll ask about which trails are more beginner friendly too.

rybo3

Jun 13, 2002
bbbom, thanks for your reply. i will have my 8 yr old son with me, and he hasn't had a lot of time on his 60cc yet, so i dont want to start him out too tough. i will check out your suggestions.

thanks

bbbom

~SPONSOR~
Aug 13, 1999
You might check out the Big Creek Area - I think it is actually Idaho. Karl said that it has some pretty good beginner type trails.

Not sure about directions from Montana but we usually take I-90 East from Spokane and hit the Big Creek Exit. I think we go right from there to the trailhead.

If you need more specific info after checking the maps let me know and I will get real directions for you.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom