slo' mo

slower than slow...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
no time like the present to plan. Weather is supposed to be crappy this weekend but what about 2/15 or 2/22? Nocona this time? Looking for input and opinions.

evenslower

~SPONSOR~
N. Texas SP
Nov 7, 2001
I'm most likely out for the 15th but the 22nd could work. Wherever is OK with me. The when is more of an issue.

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
15/16 there is a TORO race, not like it matters for me though, I'm sure that something will come up and I'll have to back out again... :silly:

TwinSpar

AssClown WannaBe
N. Texas SP
Aug 18, 1999
It's not Silver Star.... It's Southern Star Ranch. 

Hey GoatBoy.... You done with that map yet.  It's sorely needed!!! :)

70Goat

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2002
If someone can get me a good phone number for Southern Star I think I can call it done.

BTW why hasn't anyone suggested Shady?

LawDog101

Sep 24, 2002
Just posting b/c I am always interested in a group ride. I like Nocona, and yes Greenville has lots of jumps, kinda like Village. If you guys haven't tried Holeshot Valley, I was there last weekend and it was great. Keep me in the loop. Thanks.

James Stainton
Decatur, Texas

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
I thought Southern Star was the place that required memberships. Isn't it way on the other side of Ft. Worth?

blackhawk468

President of Bling
N. Texas SP
Nov 3, 2000
I vote for Nocona and the 22nd
Or weatherford, I haven't been there yet!

For southern star ranch I havn't been there, but I heard its more of a track for advanced riders. that the jumps are real peaked and so are the landings, only like 2 tabletops. stuff not too safe to come up short on.

TwinSpar

AssClown WannaBe
N. Texas SP
Aug 18, 1999
I've seen posts on some other board that are saying that the track is back to public access and that it has been tamed down a bit to support general riders.  I haven't seen it so I can't confirm the fact that it is more amatuer friendly. 

slo' mo

slower than slow...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
Originally posted by blackhawk468
I vote for Nocona and the 22nd

actually, I would 2nd that. Nocona is a very friendly track, you can go big if you want to or stay low & slow like me. Lots room for getting outta spodes way, just as Txbigguy ;)

Zero

~SPONSOR~
Oct 15, 1999
I've been to all the tracks mentioned in this thread except for Holeshot Valley.

GreenVille - very jumpy, similar to Badlands but more wideopen
Weathorford - very short, somewhat jumpy
SilverStar - its near Village, there are some jumpy sections, but all in all it is more like VC's day track.

No one mentions Shadygrove...well, because it sucks (IMO). I can't think of one good thing to say about Shady other than it being very close . (please keep the yard bird comments to yourself, I choose not to expose myself to salmonella, ecoli, and other bacteria probably present on the top of a rusted 50 gallon drum lid being "slow smoked" in a junk yard) :)

Don't forget about OakHill...its very Nocona like.

ymaharider19

Aug 11, 2002
Originally posted by Zero
I've been to all the tracks mentioned in this thread except for Holeshot Valley.

You have been to Swan in Tyler?? Nocona sounds great another couple votes from the Shaws!!

I called Swan today and you have to be a member to practice. I left my info with them, so I should be getting a call back later. I'll keep you guys and gals posted on anything I find out from them. I know people that have riden there and they go on and on about how nice it is. Maybe we can get a NTSP ride up there sometime in the near future.

Last edited:

Zero

~SPONSOR~
Oct 15, 1999
Yes Swan, i forgot to mention Swan. And yes, you gotta be a member to practice at Swan. I think the membership fee is $150 for a year? Don't quote me on that. They don't have prepped practice very often, but if you are a member you get the gate combination and can ride whenever you want.

They have red dirt that gets really hardpacked when not prepped, but is very very nice when it is prepped. Its a big long outdoor style track. Great facilities.

ymaharider19

Aug 11, 2002
Nice! Thanks for the info Zero. I've been wanting to ride out there..I will find out more when they call me back (regarding membership, practice, fees, etc.)

LawDog101

Sep 24, 2002
Hoelshot is an outdoor track with a fairly simple layout. It isn't that long but the jumps are good and the dirt is hard pack on half and fairly soft on teh other. You can go slow or fast. Kinda like Nocona without the sand.

James
Decatur, Texas

slo' mo

slower than slow...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
OK, looks like the 22nd is agreeable for almost everyone. We got the date, now the track?

70Goat

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2002
Saturday the 22nd sounds great (if the weather will cooperate).

Hey Twinspar which track would you most miss going to?

Top Bottom