Where to get KDX jets?

Josh D

Nov 11, 2001
Where is a good place to get KDX jets at a good price? Partsfish wants $9 each for the jets. I'm sure the local dealer won't be any cheaper at all. A friend was helping me strip down my 97' 200 the other day to get ready for a new piston/rings. I bought this bike used. Found out it has an IMS rod, and was jetted 158main/48pilot. According to what I've read, 155/45 is generally optimal. Bike has aftermarket expansion chamber, stock silencer, airbox lid removed. It also is spraying spooge out of the end of the silencer all over my swingarm/caliper/etc, I figured that jetting combo might be why it was doing that. Anybody?

Canadian Dave

Super Power AssClown
Apr 28, 1999
Your conclusion makes perfect sense. Keihin jets are really easy to find and you're right the prices vary wildly. Call around to local bike and sled shops and let them know you need a main and pilot jet for a Keihin PWK carb and compare prices. Almost all modern 2-stroke dirt bikes and snow machines are using a Keihin carb these days. If nothing can be had at a reasonable price you can order them individually or a pre-packaged assortment from someone like Moose or Dennis Kirk. You should expect to pay about $5 per jet or $20 for a 5 pack assortment of mains.

David

Josh D

Nov 11, 2001
Thanks for the help guys, I really appreciate it! The worst thing is, I got in a really bad streetbike accident in October and I don't even know if I'll be able to ride dirt anymore. I have a titanium cage/screws in my back, and a metal plate/screws in my leg and ankle. Hopefully it will work out ok, even if I just have to put around the yard :(

I'm not sure what the deal was with this bike. I'm the 3rd owner, the guy I got it from said he got it from a guy that used it to referee hare scrambles. The spokes are all saftey wired as well as the grips, and for some reason he went to a 16t front sprocket? Man that sucker was tall geared until I changed it to 14.

I don't know much about 2 strokes, so one of my friends is helping me that used to have a CR125. I'm used to streetbikes with EFI. Anyhow, I will take a look and get those jets ordered. Hopefully they will clean everything up and it won't drink gas like my uncle's boat with a blown 496, LOL.

Thanks again guys, I will report back in about a month when I get the parts and get it all put back together. :cool:

redramhemi

Jan 27, 2004
go to a polaris dealership, Polaris uses Keihin carbs almost exclusively

Josh D

Nov 11, 2001
The rear is a 48. Honestly, for the kind of riding I usually do, I should probably go to either a 12 front or a 53/54 rear. I ordered the 14 before I knew what the stock gearing was, I figured since he had a 16 on there that stock was 15. I can't imagine anybody going UP 3 teeth in the FRONT on a dirtbike! That means that from the get-go I should have went down 4 teeth in the front. 4 teeth in the FRONT!!! I can't believe I'm saying that. The type of riding I do requires a ton of clutch slipping with the 14/48 combo, so 12/48 would probably be the cheapest way to go for me, unless I decide to just get a new drive set all together, then I would go w/ the 13/50 or 13/51. Dang, that bike would be a tractor then!

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…