slow_joe

Mi. Trail Riders
Oct 9, 2004
I have Friday off and am wondering if anyone is going to be riding. Somewhere besides Cedar Creek And Horseshoe Lake. Don't mind dirving North East if a good ride is going to happen. By the way YZman how was Horseshoe today? I got a call at 9:15 moving the ride to Cedar. You said you were staying home with the family today so I didn't bother to call you. There was a rain/snow mix falling all day. Had to keep stopping to clear off the goggles.

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
I didn't ride today. I get a call from Cmore this morning as I was leaving the Gym. Seems he decided to head down and ride with you guys. Problem is that you guys wern't where you said you were going to be. I headed up there to chat with ya's and ended up chattin with Cmore for a while. Your wife said that you moved somewhere else so we headed to Brunswick thinking that you may have went there. No dice. So we chatted for a little more and Cmore headed back to Horseshoe for a ride and I went home (where my bike was still locked in the trailer)

I dont know what my ride plans are for the week/weekend. I am not too teribly motivated to get out in the snow/slush/sleat and get soaked. Maybe once it gets cold and starts snowing again.

No I am going Downhill skiing Thursday. I think I am going to try doing that a little more this winter and ride less.

Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
I may be up for a ride. What does Lincoln Hills look like?
Don

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
I'm up for a go. Lincoln Hills sounds good. I just got back from Grayling, the snows pretty shallow about the latitude for Baldwin/Lincoln Hills. M-37 lot? What time? 10:30?

Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
10:30 sounds good. Do you know if the lot is plowed?
Don

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
I'm not sure about the lot being plowed. I thought that was also a snowmobile lot. Is there a better one?

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
Of course!

Who else is in? AccuWeather is saying it's going to be a 40 degree day.

Last edited:

INCA

~SPONSOR~
Sep 1, 2003
M-37 lot is blacktopped, with signs - NO Snowmobiles allowed. I'll have to skip this ride. Too many things going on, with the possibility that I'll be picking up the new van. Snow depth should not be a problem. Have a ball anyway.

Young Ted

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
I may be up for a slush ride. How do you get to Lincoln Hills? I've never ridden there.

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
I'm still planning on this ride, but am swaying between finishing the insulation in my barn or riding. (I hate myself when I start doing this! Work or Play? It should be patently obvious!!!)

I do have Saturday and Sunday to work on the barn, so should be there.

BUT, if I'm not, I wanted to let you guys know. If I'm not there by 10:45, please take off, I don't want you waiting for a no-show.

katoom125

Apr 25, 2004
Wolverine423 said:
Can I play??

DW

There certainly will be less snow than the last time we rode it a few weeks ago (sno-flake invitational) and I suspect less "snow angels" too - although I don't know the skill levels of those attending so there still might be some snow/mud angels, I suppose.

have fun.

Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
Roll Call!

Myself & Paul North will be there.
My cell # 231-590-1139

Bill, thanks but my winter riding this year will be slim, but next year I will get them & hand warmers ordered early.

See everyone tommorow.
Don

cmore

Jan 23, 2003
I just rode lincoln hills this past monday, lots of trees down but most have a line around them. looks like there was an outlaw race held late in the fall, there still a few paper marks in the trees. I had rode this stuff the weekend before rifle season, and was just groomed. the trail is in still good shape the connector fromthe 7 mile up to 9 mile is wooped pretty good, the groomer didn't go through this peice?? The snow is almost all gone from the lower half of the loop, but still might be some snow on upper, but the temps in this area have been above freezing,,so the snow is going fast, OH , if you see some tracks on the ground from a lone bike those could be mine, & if you look real close, just guess what kind of made in CHECH REPUBLIC tires I'm sporting this year.
:laugh:

katoom125

Apr 25, 2004
cmore said:
I just rode lincoln hills this past monday, lots of trees down but most have a line around them. looks like there was an outlaw race held late in the fall,
:

It wasn't an outlaw race but there were approx 60 of us there on dec 4th riding in the snow - lots of snow - kind of an invitational thing like the snow chicken later in the winter

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
I guess it's a good thing I didnt' head out for this ride this morning - I'm sicker than a dog right now!! That wouldn't have been nice on the trail......

And, bummer, the insulation isn't getting done either... :uh:

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
You missed out on a good ride today Mark. It was an awsome day for a ride. Trail was mostly clear of snow. Once we got all the thumpers running and warmed up (with the help of a tow strap) we were good to go for the rest of the day. I think Joe was the only one of us to make a snow angel today. Only one that I seen anyways. Man is there a lot trees down out there. Or as Joe call's them "Passing opertunities"

I know every one was probably sick of me saying this today but MAN do I love that front tire that I created. That thing just digs. Snow ruts dont even faze it. I could see where Don or Joe would slow for a snowy rutted spot and I could just dive in. Love that tire. Cant wait for my back tire to get done.

All told we had 6 of us out there.
Not so slow, SlowJoe
Don Marsh
Pat and his Hussy
Dons buddy on the XR400 that I cant remember his name for the life of me.
And Joes buddy on that big ol KTM 620 something monster dual sport with about 6 screws in the bald tires.

Waahooo.....Man am I glad I decided to go riding today.

Oh and I broke a clutch cable right at the end of Lincoln hills. I rode the 2-tracks back to the parking lot as I had no clutch to play in the single. Stoped at Peacock on the way home and they hooked me up with a new one. Holly crap them things are not cheep. They seen me coming. Sheesh.

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
katoom125 said:
It wasn't an outlaw race but there were approx 60 of us there on dec 4th riding in the snow - lots of snow - kind of an invitational thing like the snow chicken later in the winter

By the way...I hear that this is an invitational event??? I keep hearing about it every year AFTER the fact :| So how does don_farnquist@harborind.com go about getting an invation??? ;)

slow_joe

Mi. Trail Riders
Oct 9, 2004
I think Joe was the only one of us to make a snow angel today. Only one that I seen anyways. Man is there a lot trees down out there. Or as Joe call's them "Passing opertunities"
Yep, made a snow angle today. I went to ride over the end of one of the "passing opportunities" and it decided to got through the spokes instead. But I did use one to aerial pass Don Marsh after he put the block pass on me.

Top Bottom