Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Well, since mother nature seems to be unwilling to cooperate fully and very little snow has melted I will be riding on dirt but not in Michigan. I made some connections with somebody in southern Ohio to ride some event trails down there with them on dirt so 2/3 of Team PTP will heading down for a ride on good friday and saturday.

Good luck with snow melting efforts at cedar creek, I hopw you get to ride there anyway.

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
Youuuu Suck!

I am still gonna be out to Cedar though. I am done sitting around the house. I am gonna ride Cedar in whatever conditions are out there...Except rain that is.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
No Don, it's time menagment...

this way I don't have to change the jetting in the bike or swap the wheels for the studded ones. Just throw a clean air filter in it and ride. I think the 55 degree predicted temps for those 2 days will fall nicely into the way I have it jettted. :moon:

Ride smarter not harder.......age and treachery overcomes youth and ignorance,....... er enthusiasm I mean..

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
Fred T said:
Well, since mother nature seems to be unwilling to cooperate fully and very little snow has melted I will be riding on dirt but not in Michigan. I made some connections with somebody in southern Ohio to ride some event trails down there with them on dirt so 2/3 of Team PTP will heading down for a ride on good friday and saturday.

Good luck with snow melting efforts at cedar creek, I hopw you get to ride there anyway.

YOU"RE AS ROTTEN AS THEY CCOME FRED!!!!!
I just came back from Columbus Ohio and man was it NICE down there!! My wife and I went down to pick up another car to add to the Woodsy supply and were VERY happy to see that the snow from Ann Arbor on down was GONE!!! :aj:
However, when we came back thru we ran into a BLIZZARD that ran all the way from detroit to home - we were greated with 4 inches of fresh stuff :think:
It occured to me that I cant go away for one day and you local yahoosssss TOTALLY lose control of things!! COME YOU GUYS - GET OUT AND DO THE SUN DANCE!!!

BigEasy

Mi. Trail Riders
Feb 22, 2005
YZMAN400 said:
Youuuu Suck!

I am still gonna be out to Cedar though. I am done sitting around the house. I am gonna ride Cedar in whatever conditions are out there...Except rain that is.

So what time are we meeting on Good Friday, I would like to work it in as well, Extended forcast says a lot warmer. :laugh:

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
michigan said:
Hey, why don't you guys go another three hours and meet up with us at Hatfield McCoy!?
We're staying right next door to KTM Mike.

Oh...event trail though. :cool: .maybe I need to leave the wife and kids at home!

Michigan (from Ohio..I cant quite figure that one out?) I will see you guys down there on Saturday! We arrive Friday night - but wont stay at Twin Hollow as no cabins were available then. Saturday on we are in the cabins there. I will be doing "family" rides in the first part of the day, but plan to do "big kid" riding late afternoon Sat and Sun. :aj:

And as it turns out, Creeper9 and 2big4aKDX will be staying at the same place. (camping) They will arrive Thursday night. They plan to ride long and hard Friday before we get there. So, if you see two guys, Michigan plates, grey Chevy Truck,03 KTM250, 99 KTM300, and Neal may even bring his KDX as a "spare" - you cant miss them - one as thin as a rail, the other...well 2big.... :nener: Tell them I sent ya!

Now...I have a little problem with my bike to address. Seems I discovered I was in desparate need of a bottom end. :ugg: (of course right after doing a top end a few weeks ago) Right now cases are split - waiting on parts to arrive. Whatever it takes - that bike WILL be ready by next week though!

michigan

Mar 9, 2001
KTMMike,

I'll keep me eye out for those guys on Friday. They're more than welcome to ride with our group.

As for my "michigain" name..

I registered on DRN back in 2000, when I lived in the Detroit area and had the opportunity to ride those wonderful Michigan trails every weekend. We spent a lot of time riding Gladwin, Ambrose Lake, Mio, Leota, and Wolverine. I liked the bumpy sand so much I decided to buy a 500... then moved to Cleveland a short time later.
During my stay in Michigan, I had to opportunity to ride at Gladwin with FredT, but that was in the old clapped-out CR250 days. I hope to make up there a few times this summer, so maybe I can schedule one of my visits on a big DRN weekend.

Anyway, I'm dying to get down to WV. Arrival is scheduled for late wednesday night, and we will be in the woods by noon on Thursday. By the time you get down there, we should have all the good stuff scouted.

Good luck with that bottom end. And if you can't get the bike together, I have a line on a 2000 250exc with less that 100 miles on it... for a very good price. And its in Royal Oak. Let me know if you need the contact info.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
We are all set

Napper and I are meeting a guy I met through KTM talk, I will meet him personally near Columbus Ohio when we go to Chillcloth to ride. And I guess Robbie Jenks is coming along to ride with us too. Napper called him to ride because he lives down there. I'm looking forward to it.

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
michigan said:
KTMMike,

I have a line on a 2000 250exc with less that 100 miles on it... for a very good price. And its in Royal Oak. Let me know if you need the contact info.

Michigan - send me more info about that 250 via email :

sstephenson@i2k.net

Fred - sorry for hijacking your thread! Have fun in OH!

michigan

Mar 9, 2001
Mike,

Info has been sent to that address.

Fred,

It sounds like you're hooked up with the right guys down there. I've been on the Wellston trails (near Chillicothe) and they are AWESOME!! You'll love it.

Have fun!

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Leaving tomorrow night

Na nu Na nu Na Naaaaaaaaa! :moon:

Top Bottom