Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
That was a great ride. The aerial pass up the hill was scary, when out of the corner of your eye you see a studded tire a foot away from you head. What great fun.
Everyone have a Happy New Year!
Later
Don

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
Thanks to all! that was one of the best rides this year! the snow was very weird? like corn meal not really slick. Just like a endless sand trap! it was a day of making the bike steer from the back wheel where the snow was. the rest of the trail was a true time to do some railing. To start the ride the night before I adjust the valves on the Berg Took me a lot of kicks to get it to started and I smoked my leg and hip, then to ice the cake I had a flat rear tire. luckily I had a old moose HD tube. to make this, the a shorter story, the Ice Berg didn't want to start Friday morning! then about a mile into the trail I stalled it on a log and fouled a plug. "almost tossed my breakfasts there" after a quick plug change every ting was fine. Thanks again for the great ride! and a special thanks to that fellow on the big KTM dual sport 625 he pushed me hard through almost the whole ride, what a blast!

katoom125

Apr 25, 2004
YZMAN400 said:
By the way...I hear that this is an invitational event??? I keep hearing about it every year AFTER the fact :| So how does don_farnquist@harborind.com go about getting an invation??? ;)

I understand that this ride started out (yrs ago) as a "thank you" to the dealers their employees and close friends for supporting them (aftermarket parts and acc.supplier). It was by invitation only but grew by word of mouth to where it was difficult to find an area large enough to hold all the trucks, etc - well over a hundred riders. this year maybe 60 to 70 riders. It is not intended to be an 'organized ride' which would require permits and all that stuff - but rather a group of friends getting together to ride.

Therefore the "sponsor" (I hate even using that word since it's just a get together) would like it to be more low keyed than it has become - there are no flyers now - no open invitations - so to answer your question --- It will be doubtful you will see any open invitations anytime soon.

Those of us that have been lucky enough to attend now for years are hoping that it can continue to be held - this will not happen if it starts to 'grow' again and gets out of hand - size wise.

Wolverine423

~SPONSOR~
Oct 2, 2005
Very well put Randy! My father was one of the few that was involved in getting the snowflake ride going back in the 70's.

The guy's {don't want to list any names} that are putting this ride together now days work VERY VERY hard at doing it!

DW

BigTig

Dec 28, 2005
70 marlin said:
and a special thanks to that fellow on the big KTM dual sport 625 he pushed me hard through almost the whole ride, what a blast!

No, thank you Pat!!
Without you there, I would have been chasing those other guys all day and I'm sure I would have done something stupid! It was a pleasure riding with all of you What a great bunch! I'll be sure to get some better meat on the back before next time.. and my crew chief (Joe) has some tricks that he thinks may work on my suspension... all said and done, I might just be a contender! :eek:
Oh well.... wishful thinking I know..
Great ride guys!! Thanks again!

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
It was fun riding with you Big Tig. The few times I got behind you, you had no trouble throwing that big KTm of yours around. You keep up a pretty good pace on that big monster. And even with a bald tire that thing still throws up a wicked roost.

Top Bottom