Which bars for me? Pro-Taper size

snb73

Nov 30, 2003
I am 5'11", and looking for bars for my bike, 2003 RM 250. Pro Tapers came with my old bike, and I like them. Which bend/hieght/pullback do you suggest?

Thanks, Steve

Last edited:

kx54

Feb 17, 2005
Depends what you want, with ur height i'd get a straighter bar(less pullback), if you feel the bars come to close to your knees get taller ones, but if you were sastified with your previous ones i'd try to get the same height, pullback, width.

Masterphil

DRN's Resident Lunatic
Aug 3, 2004
CR-HI seems to be a favorite for many people, and if you need some bars in a hurry, almost every bike shop stocks that bend.

Rotaholic

Mar 10, 2004
Hey im the same height as you and am running the doug henry bend on my 03 rm250. I love them and they look great in gold. Im running a scotts upper tripple clamp.
I would recomend that bend to anyone

snb73

Nov 30, 2003
Thanks guys,

My old bike is an 1993 RM250, the bike had the "universal" bars. I will be purchasing the oversized mounts for the new bars. My son is coming for spring break, we will be riding all week. I need to get some bars soon.

Thanks, Steve.

Maverik

Feb 22, 2005
I run the CR Hi Bend on both my 03 RM and my 94 KTM. I swear those are the most comfortable bars made. But then again, its personal preference. You know what you can do, go to a dealership and sit on the different bikes, pay attention to the bars that are on them. Of course different bikes will have different feels, but it may give you an idea as to the sweep of the bars and possible the height.

Studboy

Thinks he can ride
Dec 2, 2001
I am 6' 1" and the KX HI bend works great for me. Taller than CR-HI's with less sweep.

snb73

Nov 30, 2003
Thanks guys,

After researching all the bends available I settled on Pro-Taper SE bars in the Windham (RM mid) bend. The height and pullback are similar to my sons 909 bars, and they feel good to me.

My bike came with some steel bars on it, so a $56 the SE's will be an improvement. A little less expensive than the $89 1 1/8 taperwalls and a $40 clamp kit. Although I do like those bars, they came with last bike.

Steve

Top Bottom