xLastShotx

Aug 9, 2005

xLastShotx

Aug 9, 2005
**More Info**

1) I am 16, 6 Foot and 155 Pounds

2) I am Pretty aggressive when it comes to going fast and jumping

3) I mainly plan to jump, but i will trail ride

4) I have 2 years of experience of riding a TW200 Enduro, and i have about a months experience riding and jumping a 2004 Honda CRF450R

5) I may race but it is unlikely

6) I am mechanically inclined to work on my own bike

7) It has to be a 4 stroke due to sound regulations

8) I have a dealer close by called Temecula Motorsports, they carry KTM, Honda, and Yamaha I belive

9) I cannot spend any more than 3,500 dollars

n_w t_ b_kes

May 31, 2005
The 2003 YZ250F would be the one I would look at first. If they are all in good condition I'd say get the YZ250F, other than that get the one in best condition.

n_w t_ b_kes

May 31, 2005
The 2001 and 2002 YZ250F's should either be ridden very low hours, have had the proper maintenance or have just been rebuilt (which I don't think they were) and had proper maintenance in order to get those two. I would try to get the newest, best condition, and lowest hour bike because when those 4-stroke's valves go, it will cost big time. The KX-F and RMZ have had bad reputations, with having problems. The YZ250F has had a pretty good reputation as far as reliablity and performance. I'd try to get the '03 YZ250F if it is in good condition.

n_w t_ b_kes

May 31, 2005
They are all good bikes, it's just they cost a lot to repair. I have ridden the kx250f and think it has good power. Is reliability a concern for you? or do you not really care which is the most reliable? Go look at all of the bikes and see which is in best condition.

xLastShotx

Aug 9, 2005
They are all good bikes, it's just they cost a lot to repair. I have ridden the kx250f and think it has good power. Is reliability a concern for you? or do you not really care which is the most reliable? Go look at all of the bikes and see which is in best condition.

Relibility is kind of a concern, i mean i dont want to have to fix the bike all the time.

n_w t_ b_kes

May 31, 2005
From what I have heard, the YZ250F is the one that needs the least rebuilds (most reliable) than the others...but it really comes down to if you do all of the proper maintenance.

cnielse5

~SPONSOR~
Feb 22, 2005
Noise concern? a 4 stroke is quieter that a 2 stroke? I don't know what your smoking but last time I checked a 2 stroke is much quieter than a 4 stroke.

bikepilot

Nov 12, 2004
I was wondering the same myself. With race exhausts on both two-strokes do seem much quietier. Of course you can buy something like an FMF Q for just about anything and that will lessen the sound big time. For the YZF or CRF you could swap stock exhausts with the corrisponding off road version (WR and CRF-X respectively) and gain a very neighbor frindly exhaust note:)

If it were me, I'd go with the CRF250X of the 4-strokes you mentioned, with the YZF a close second. I belive the YZF would require valve maintance less often, but I like they handling and suspension of the cr's better.

good luck

Ruff Rider

Sep 14, 2004
It doesnt matter the bike as cylinder size and what type of stroke

Ive got a Suzuki LT160 that is 'quieter' up close but u can hear it purring out of eye view. My KX250 is sounds a bit more 'aggressive' or noise-filling up-close but its sound doesnt carry nearly as far.

My .02

xLastShotx

Aug 9, 2005
I have another question, Im planning on building a track on some new property we bought and i dont really know how to start building the track, is there some book or website that i can buy/ go to that will tell me how close the jumps should be to eachother, the steepness, angle of the jump, etc?

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

FRESH VIDEO

Top Bottom