Which MC FActory has the best "works" suspension.

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
Rider preference is something the factorys never overlook.A more down to earth example,
a friend of mine has a 01Cr125 he weighs about 130lb is 50+ years old and slow intermeidate, and complained of the bike beating him up on choppy acceleration bumps and braking bumps.I set it up similar to my bike-im 170lb and expert.He didnt like it much as it was softer than all his previous std bikes.We put the std springs back in (did have softer ones for his weight)and he is happier.He complains of the suspension 'blowing through' but the forks have 2-3 inches of travel left.He has got so use to a bike sitting up in the stroke he finds it hard to ride a bike that actually uses most of its travel-slowly he is backing off the compression as he gets use to the new 'feel' -he really likes my bike with the low flow pistons, but not many people want to shell out that much money.

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
My vote went for the RG3 Showas on the factory Suzuki's. I know that engine performance, rider ability, style and set up taste have a lot to do with how the bikes tend to go through certain sections but I am really impressed with the Suzuki's this year. Maybe I am not giving Shaun Hamblin #99 enough credit but I think his factory RM is as dialed in as a bike can be. He seemed to come out of nowhere this year and has looked really strong.

326mx

Mar 25, 2002
When I went to Cory Young's MX school, he had this kid who was a two time 80 champ and he had a stock zuki with works RG3 suspension. This was the smothest bike I have ever ridden. So my vote is for RG3 Showas.

Could you imagine having a factory zuki ride at 14?

Shawn Mc

Apr 8, 2002
I have a question: How do you lower the sub-frame maintain full stroke in the suspension and still keep the rear tire out of the airbox?
Im thinkin the Honda crew is doing some kind of santa ria rituals over there to avoid the laws of physics! It voodoo I tell ya VOODOO!

DEANSFASTWAY

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 16, 2002
Maybe thats why they use that thrush bird on their advertising? Carmichael really seems to ride the back of the bike doesnt he? Alothough always looking soft it always looks like LaRoccos bike will swallow up anything he points it at (outdoor setup anyway ) How can some of those guys ride when their handlebars are twisted up in the air like cattlehorns? Always made my wrists hurt. WP stuff sure looks trick . Who really knows how well stuff works because most mere mortals will never buy it or ride it . Whats next on board data aquisition/solenoid system to tell suspension how much mud has built up under the fenders to increase compression a bit since the bike got heavier ?A wide open throttle solenoid to firm up rear shock to counteract squat opn acceleration? G force sensors to switch front rear bias for long uphill downhill tracks ? A brake dive counteract system for forks like on street bikes ? Theres alot of technology coming about in the DIRT WORLD future. This is a really cool topic .

prcucuma

Jun 9, 2002
The absolutely trickest looking forks are those KYB from Picon on his suzuki. Those external adjusters make them look years ahead of the competition. But for the rear I like those works WP shocks with two adjusters the most...just from the looks...

rooster1713

Oct 24, 2002
Speaking of Carmichael....

I was lucky enough to be hanging out in the pits of the 98 Budds Creek national and got a bunch of pics of all the riders. When my sister saw Carmichael she started laughing and said he looked like a little elf! :)

mark

Mik

Jul 8, 2000
KYB woks stuff, for sure. Has anyone got to get a serious look at Pichon's RM works bike? not only the bike looks super cool (the tricks KYB works stuff help), but also he hammers it down pretty fast. Roots, sweepers turns and hard landings, he takes them pretty smoth. Smoth is the word, because, althoug Pichon is a really agressive rider, it seems that he doesn´t punish the bike very much.
Team De Groot Kawasaki works bikes also use KYB stuff, and it seems to work pretty well.

elf

Jun 7, 2003
rooster1713 said:
Speaking of Carmichael....

I was lucky enough to be hanging out in the pits of the 98 Budds Creek national and got a bunch of pics of all the riders. When my sister saw Carmichael she started laughing and said he looked like a little elf! :)

What? How does she know what I look like? :laugh:

Jeremy Wilkey

Owner, MX-Tech
Jan 28, 2000
If you need my attention why don't you e-mail me or pick up the phone! Gezz guys I have a day job, and DRN is not it!!! ... DRN is a place I try to have fun... Not deal with customer issues.. ;)

Jeremy Wilkey

Owner, MX-Tech
Jan 28, 2000
Jeff I know, and you where! I just happened to take that humorus moment and address a serious propblem.. I can never understand!. Why do people try to contact me via a message board I visit just 2-3 times a week.. If you want to look for someone in regards to their professional capacity, would it not make the most sence to look for them them in their respective business location, or rather a billboard on the side of the information superhighway?

Nothing against Fireballs, but its time this is addressed..

BR,
Jer

Jeff Howe

Apr 19, 2000
Yeah your right of course, but Yamaha has the best factory suspension, and it has nothing to do with the riders either.

Oh hey, about the forum being a place to have fun....what would it take to get Mace back here?? Gawd, I miss that guy. Nobody here knows him anymore, the absolute most complete blend of outright knowledge and gut busting humor I've ever met on the net and he just disappeared on us. The old days here with Mace around were the shiznit.

Wakisashi

Mod Ban
Apr 29, 2002
Shiznet ???? , you been hanging with those freestylers again. Put some barkbusters on that thing and hit the single track before it is too late.

On topic question....if yamaha had to run modified production suspension instead of possibly passing by the patents with works stuff would you still think they had the best components??

Top Bottom