cowasucky

Feb 23, 2009
Time for some new reeds !!! I can get V Force 3 reeds for $129 on ebay. Is that the best there is ??? What's better and where do I find it ??? I'm 30 yrs old now so I need every advantage I can get out there. I ride an 03 kx250 (if that makes a difference??) . Thanks !!!

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
What is your idea of "best". There is always positives and negatives involved with swapping parts. I like the VForce setup but we ride off-road / trails so bottom response is more important. Also if you want every advantage spend your money and time on a properly setup suspension and riding lessons. Both will give you more than enough for any of them young whipersnapers that dump their coin on bling.

cowasucky

Feb 23, 2009
I agree with your logic %100. However, after reading my own thread I don't think I was clear on my present status and future goals. I 've been ridding for all together about 12yrs, but a large gap between the ages of 23 and 29. When I started back I bought an 03 KDX220 and was just ridding trails & offroad. After 7mnths of that I traded it for my 03 KX250 and got back into mx. I've had my suspension set to my hieght , wieght and ridding style 2wks after purchasing the bike. I installed an FMF Fatty and shorty silencer. I began having some "stalling" issues and was advised here to take a look at my reeds which indeed were cracked and ugly. So..... I'm looking for the best reeds for racing mx. Somthing to maybe help me stretch 3rd out a little bit. I always just paid people to fix my bikes, but these days that's no longer an option. So I apreciate y'all bearing with the idiote I've become. Thanks !!!

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
I'd be inclined to think the Boyesen Pro Series might be a better and less expensive choice then.

TRexRacing

Jul 23, 2002
I've had great success with TDR epoxy reeds.For the '01-'04 KX250 you'll need a #184 reed.
His website is geared to banshee stuff so call them at 800-321-6354.They're pretty cheap too,probably $25-30 for your bike.

cowasucky

Feb 23, 2009
All apreciated !!! I did however go with the Boyseen Pro Series. They were my first choice and all my KX ridding friends down here in south Loosiana have been preaching "Pro Series". So after Patman said to go with Pro Series, I did a little more research, found them for my year model for $19.99 on ebay and clicked the "Buy Now" button. So in 1-6 days I'll know how wise or how stupid my decision was, but thanks guys !!

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
TRexRacing said:
If your reeds were beat anything will be a big improvement.
:cool: :cool:

Matt90GT

May 3, 2002
cowasucky said:
I've had my suspension set to my hieght , wieght and ridding style 2wks after purchasing the bike. I installed an FMF Fatty and shorty silencer. I began having some "stalling" issues and was advised here to take a look at my reeds which indeed were cracked and ugly. So..... I'm looking for the best reeds for racing mx. Somthing to maybe help me stretch 3rd out a little bit.

How did you set your suspension for height??? :whoa:

haha, that was funny! Unless you are vertically challenged, suspension does not care how tall or short you are.

If you want to stretch out 3rd, try a different gearing setup. Add or subtract teeth.

The Vforce is a midrange setup. If you want more hit and quicker than that is what it delivers.

cowasucky

Feb 23, 2009
Ha Haaaa!!!! I was waiting for you!!!! That bored ass guy or girl (whatever you are) that carefully scans each thread for somthing to pick apart that can maybe make him look smart...like he's a freakin' genious and the author of the thread like a jackass. Well congradulations !!!!! You did it !!!! Wow dude...you are right, I'm soooo freakin' dumb.....you're so smart.... I bet you were building motorcycles from vacume cleaner parts when you were 5. Well, I'm gonna go waller in my stupidity & down right ignorance and rethink this whole motorcross thing. I mean... someone as mentally challenged as I am certainly shouldn't be zoomin' around on 2 wheels unless......would you teach O great brilliant one??? Nah, I couldn't possibly expect to understand all that complicated MX theory like "change in sprocket size"......wow, I wish I would've thought of that! :bang:

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Matt90GT said:

haha, that was funny! Unless you are vertically challenged, suspension does not care how tall or short you are.
Actually setting up suspension for his height could be very important. Rich has his bikes setup my MX Tech with a DTX setup because he needs his suspension setup for his height. I seem to recall RC needed a similar accomidation on his Suzuki but not as extreme as RR's.

As for the other comments, just another way to skin a cat, just not the way the original poster was asking about. He could have also had Eric Gorr go through his top end and change porting, compression, etc... to do what he wanted but that's more than reeds cost as well.

Remember there are no stupid questions.......... only stupid people that own computers :)

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Matt90GT said:

Never heard of cutting shock shafts, for shorties? Though it did draw a pretty good rant!

Top Bottom