03CR250R

Sep 25, 2003
I currently have a stock 03 CR250 and looking to enter a hare scramble and they are requiring to pass a sound test. Also would like it to have a spark arrestor for forest service riding.

If I haven't asked for to much already is there one out there that will increase my bottom end?

TIA

snwbrder

MXP1MP

Nov 14, 2000
FMF Q is good, FMF turbine core II is good, Pro circuit new 296 (which means 2 stroke 96 db) they all are about the same in DB. I don't know if the new pro circuit 296 is that good, I know the older verison they have isn't as quiet sounding compared to the FMF's. I definetly know the FMF's preform as they claim and you should pass a sound test with either one of the FMF's. Be safer going with the FMF Q cause it's the newest design. The general sound test limit is around 96 DB. I think with an FMF Q and a fresh good silencer packing you'll pass the sound test with ease and all the above mentioned are USFS approved.

btw a silencer won't improve the bottom, you need something more like say the FMF gnarly pipe for that.

taksx

Oct 7, 2004
i've got the p.c 296 on my ride. works fine don't seam like its short on the low end or up top, quieter than my old fmf turbine but the 296 is super long looks like a donkey's unit!!! :rotfl:

CR3999

Feb 28, 2000
Cuttinstuff, yu will like the gnarly it helps the bottom pretty good. Don't know about the s a.

CR Swade

~SPONSOR~
Jan 18, 2001
cuttinstuff said:
I have a 2001 CR-250 and am thinking about a Gnarley and a spark arrestor.Will the spark arrestor rob horsepower?

No, Turbine Core w/ a Gnarly works great. I've used that combo since 97, although now my CR has a SST w/ Turbine Core. It actually outperforms the Shorty that was on it.

trout

~SPONSOR~
Apr 23, 2003
I just bought a FMF turbine core II silencer/SA from rockymountainatv for about $100 for my 02cr250. I have not used it yet though, but they had good prices.

Top Bottom