wasted

Mar 14, 2004
as I posted earlier, I bought a 94 CR250 for $650 today, my brother came over to check it out and decided he really liked it, he HAS been looking for a 250(he rides an old beat up 1990 RM125 now, but he owned a '98 YZ125 a couple years ago and a '94 CR125 before that, and he IS a big honda guy), and he has been bugging me all night about selling his RM and me selling him that CR...

I have two now, and seeings as I dont really need two bikes anyway I'm seriously considering selling one of them to him just to help him out...

I'm just curious as to what people opinions are as to what one of these you'd keep...

one is a '97 RM 250 bored to 265(Eric Gorr) and is supposed to have some mild porting done to it...
http://www.81x.com/Authors/DJS/dirt pics/myrm.JPG

the other is that '94 CR250, its all stock except for a pro circuit pipe/silencer...
http://www.81x.com/Authors/DJS/cr250.JPG

cosmetically, the CR is in slightly better shape... but not much(the CR looks cleaner in those pictures because the RM is covered with mud)...

mechanically, their both about the same condition, which is very good... the CR may be in slightly better condition mecanically, but only slightly...
the RM was JUST recently rebuild but the CR I dont know... the compression is good and it runs great, but I have no idea when the last time was that it was rebuilt...

I like the RM alot, it has tons of bottom and mid power, and pretty good top too, but I also like the CR, it has alot of top end with milder bottom/mid... and even though they have some differences, I also like the handling of both bikes...

I know it probably sounds stupid, but I'm kind of in a rut about which one to keep and which one to sell him...

KelvinKDX

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 25, 2000
Flip a coin. It's your brother - so you'll be able to ride both anyway! ;)

Make sure that you tell him that he is getting the "better" bike.

mxmatthew

Apr 7, 2003
I like the CR better in the looks department but if it were me id try to see which bike performed better and suited my riding style the best.

Rcannon

~SPONSOR~
Nov 17, 2001
I believe I like the Cr better. Honda made some excellent 250's around that time. I have a friend with a 98 Suzuki RM 250. Its not a bad bikee, but I really liked the 93-96 CR 250's.

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
Those mid-90's CR's were sweet. Just ask MC!

If you can't decide, let your brother pick the one that he likes.

Feb 28, 2004
I like the looks of the CR much better. That RM is a little funny looking with so many different colors, but that could be me just being picky. :think: Im just judging looks here. I agree with the above poster, which one do you like better for yourself? Which one fits your riding style better? Whichever one it isnt, sell that one to your brother. Mike

syko

Jan 10, 2004
without question keep the CR.
the 94 CR 250 was one of the best 250's that has ever been built. one very awesome machine you have there. i'd buy it off you anyday.
it looks immaculate too.
the RM looks a little beat up.

xr250r1922

Aug 24, 2004
id ride both of them bikes. the cr has less wera on it. just by looking at the decals on the rm you can tell its had more hours put on it then the cr. i myself would go with the cr, good luck choosing.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom