Pushin50

Dec 18, 2006
I rode White Cloud yesterday and found trail workers filling in some of the deep water holes. They were filling them with loose lime stone and capping them with stabilized gravel. This should help kids riding the trail as some of the water holes have gotten deep enough to swallow a 50. The workers wanted to see how this holds up after a good rain. As I write this it is pouring. Let me Know how their work holds up if you ride this White Cloud Friday. I may ride it again on Saturday.

n8sjh

May 26, 2008
Rode it today (Saturday) I would of thought if they were filling holes they would get the big ones. Looks like they only did about 3 or 4 smaller holes. Looks like some had a gravel top coat and a couple just lime stone. The new trail section at the top of the trail is getting good grooves cut in so you can power in the corners instead of slide. Had a few trees over the trail. With the rain came alot of water and I took on some water in the bike. Still always fun to get out and get muddy.
Seen a few other bikes out on the trail.

OVER 50

May 29, 2006
Hey,Bill Long time no hear from. The forrest service did a section on the Cedar Creek trail a couple of months ago an it looked like they used some sort of aggregate. Haven,t been through there lately,but if that stuff holds up with the use that trail gets,they might be on to something. Give a shout sometime if you are up for a ride.

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
OVER 50 said:
Hey,Bill Long time no hear from. The forrest service did a section on the Cedar Creek trail a couple of months ago an it looked like they used some sort of aggregate. Haven,t been through there lately,but if that stuff holds up with the use that trail gets,they might be on to something. Give a shout sometime if you are up for a ride.

I ride Cedar Yesterday (I hate that trail but the boy insisted) and I didnt see any sign of any aggregate anywhere out there. It has been groomed lattely though as the woops were managable. And Satrudays rain at least had the sand moist and bottomless vs dry, dusty and bottomless.

OVER 50

May 29, 2006
Hey Don, if you remember where the old parking area used to be,the section of trail going south was always kinda low. Iv'e seen a lot of water in that section at times an last year at one point people were going around it on the right side. :ride:

Pushin50

Dec 18, 2006
Hi Bob, have not seen you in a while. I'm still riding 2-3 times a week. I'm heading up to White cloud in about five minutes but I will also be riding Friday and at least two times next week. I am on summer break so I can ride any time during the day. Give me a time and place and I can meet you for a ride. I enjoy trying to keep you in my sights as you blaze ahead and dissapear into the woods.

OVER 50

May 29, 2006
Bill, I'm booked the rest of this week, what say if we look at tues-wed-thur of next week? Pick a day thats good for you an we could start from White Cloud or the parking area west of Big Star Lake. If I remember, your bike is plated an we can ride some area's you haven't been through before.

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
OVER 50 said:
Hey Don, if you remember where the old parking area used to be,the section of trail going south was always kinda low. Iv'e seen a lot of water in that section at times an last year at one point people were going around it on the right side. :ride:

Yep I know that spot. Still wet as hell. People are still going around it.

OVER 50

May 29, 2006
How about this Thur, looks like a few days of rain this week would help with dust? Would you like to start from White Cloud or how about the parking area on 96th west of Big Star lk. 9-9:30 am? :ride:

OVER 50

May 29, 2006
Had a pretty good ride thursday Bill,Al. Can't ask for much better trail conditions thanks to the rain wednesday. Got home, put my stuff away an did a Nes-Tea plunge that was a long time a coming. The pool water was just a bit cleaner than some of the water holes we crossed. Hope to ride again soon. :ride:

Pushin50

Dec 18, 2006
I had a good ride. Thanks for showing us some new trails. School doesn't start until the 31st so drop me a post if you want to hit the trails on a weekday before then.

OVER 50

May 29, 2006
Bill, maybe this wed or friday would work for me. I'm trying to line up a bike for my son to ride,so he might get a ride in before he heads south. Any area you might have a mind to head for? Maybe we'll have another dust free ride.Let me know what works for you. :ride:

OVER 50

May 29, 2006
Yeah friday's good. Thanks in advance for the use of the bike, I'll check back thur nite to confirm. Where you want to start from an what time?

OVER 50

May 29, 2006
How about 9:30 at Cedar Creek? My son is not gonna make it, so it's just you n me.We can ride a little of Cedar, Holton, n Horseshoe to points northward. You good with that?

OVER 50

May 29, 2006
Hey Bill, been out n about lately? Lots of moisture in the ground this time of year.Rode with my fellow monday riders last sun, yeah, go figure. Whiskey Creek was closed ,but there are new owners. Rode some of the Big "O" n a few two tracks, man was it cold early on.With the early sundown are after work rides out? Check back when you get time. :ride:

Pushin50

Dec 18, 2006
I've been getting out twice a week after school going to either WC or CC. This time of year does not leave me with alot of light in the afternoon to ride. Man I sure wish I was retired. Tuesday is my best day to ride after school I am trying to make it my one regular ride day. If you've got time on a Tuesday afternoon for a short ride let me know (short by your standards of course). thanks

Top Bottom