nooch13

Jun 15, 2005
OK guys, I had a thread going a while back on a 1990 KDX 200 with a white smoke and bogging problem. I did a complete top end rebuild and now just re-jetted the carb back to 48/150, it was WAY over jetted before that (55/158). Well it is no longer bogging and it is apparently running great, but it is still blowing a good bit of white smoke, though not nearly as much as before. The fuel in the tank is at 32:1, I have been told to go to 40:1 which I will do on the next tank. Someone else mentioned that the silencer may be fuel soaked as it was running so rich bofore. Could that be the cause of my smoke now?

nooch13

Jun 15, 2005
My coolant is and always has been topped off, so I am pretty sure that is a no. Iam pretty confused at this point...

Colorado

Apr 2, 2005
nooch13 said:
My coolant is and always has been topped off, so I am pretty sure that is a no. Iam pretty confused at this point...

If it is coolant, it's really steam not smoke. If it's dry and your coolant level isn't changing, it's something else.

John Cena

Nov 11, 2004
Does the amount of smoke change with different throttle positions? If your getting smoke in the mid range and less on the lower or very top, you might have to raise your needles clip 1 spot.

nooch13

Jun 15, 2005
sounds like an idea. I will try that tomorrow morning. I think I am in the #2 position right now (I have changed it alot).

Here is another little bit of info that may help. I started her up again today and noticed that for about the first 45 seconds to a minute there is no smoke at all. It seems to me like it is after something gets heated up. I keep thinking the silencer...If that is the case, could it burn off?

Top Bottom